Qobuz improvements

Pcryan5

Major Contributor
Surely WIIM could find a way to display Qobuz music is a usable format? Perhaps (at least) by release date? Dumping them all Willy nilly is … challenging.
Top is WiiM - Bottom is Qobuz native.
//rant mode off
IMG_1683.jpegIMG_1682.jpeg
(Or is this a Qobuz API issue?)

For me it is absolutely ok. It is a kind of bean counting. Marking as favorite in the Qobuz app and then playing via the streamer. The Qobuz app with the magazine and the related stuff is fine. No trouble to sway the streamer to work with some Tidal stuff in "master quality". But, still there is a kings way. And if you really need guidance, try Roon the moment WiiM will get it go. But some issues one will ever find...

Surely WIIM could find a way to display Qobuz music is a usable format? Perhaps (at least) by release date? Dumping them all Willy nilly is … challenging.
Top is WiiM - Bottom is Qobuz native.
//rant mode off
View attachment 969View attachment 970
(Or is this a Qobuz API issue?)

I think it is a an API issue or rather the way that WiiM have used the API.

(1) The top image (WiiM) looks vey like the Qobuz web browser version when you select to view by "Popularity" (although when I look it is now very slightly different but only slightly)

(2) The bottom pic (Qobuz) is the view by "Release Date" which is sorted by newest first.

In the LMS Qobuz plugin if you search for Sheryl Crow and navigate to the Discography you get (2) but in reverse chronological order. That tells me that the API offers at least 3 sorting options.

(1) The top image (WiiM) looks vey like the Qobuz web browser version when you select to view by "Popularity" (although when I look it is now very slightly different but only slightly)
Thanks for the note!
I do not see a sort option anywhere?

The screenshot of mine is from Qobuz web player!

The screenshot of mine is from Qobuz web player!
Ah - but that does not solve my problem - which is the WIIM app does not have a sort option. Playing via the Qobuz app/web restricts me to airplay doesn’t it? 🤔

I was simply saying that in the API there are probably at least 3 sorting options. WiiM have chosen to use Popularity rather than either of the Release Date options.

I hope that Qobuz within the Wiim-App will soon allow me to list my favourite artists alphabetically. Right now,m it does not. All other streaming services do.

The API
I hope that Qobuz within the Wiim-App will soon allow me to list my favourite artists alphabetically. Right now,m it does not. All other streaming services do.
The API does support that except that alphabetical is by first name e.g.

Charles Mingus
Jennifer Ann
Junius Paul
Kenny Dorham

I don't think any streaming service recognises "First" or "Last" only the "First Last" string.

Ah - but that does not solve my problem - which is the WIIM app does not have a sort option. Playing via the Qobuz app/web restricts me to airplay doesn’t it? 🤔
Or you can use BubbleUpnP on Android or MConnect on IOS.
Both 24/192 and Gapeless

I asked for this some time ago and WIIM agreed it was a good idea that they would try to implement. …
IMG_1411.gif

@Pcryan5 I started asking for more options for ordering Albums in 2022 when the Community didn't exist yet. I used to do it with emails to support. All the time they replied "Great idea, we will do it in the next version of WHA".
We are in the middle of 2023 and what happened? Absolutely nothing!!
That's all. Yet even the most basic of Apps gives the possibility to sort Albums according to different criteria. Except WHA.
At present the WiiM App is only useful for setting the devices or changing devices settings.
Nothing more. It's been months and months since I stopped using it.
Too bad, because a single App to manage multiple services would have been useful.
There are also other serious shortcomings that I have pointed out several times.
When I open an Album :
The number of tracks on the album and the total duration of the Album are missing near the cover.
The length of the track is missing next to each track
Just to mention another serious shortcoming.
So, are you still hoping that anything will change? ;)
In Italy we have a saying about situations like this. I won't mention it because it's vulgar. :eek:

@Pcryan5 I started asking for more options for ordering Albums in 2022 when the Community didn't exist yet. I used to do it with emails to support. All the time they replied "Great idea, we will do it in the next version of WHA".
We are in the middle of 2023 and what happened? Absolutely nothing!!
That's all. Yet even the most basic of Apps gives the possibility to sort Albums according to different criteria. Except WHA.
At present the WiiM App is only useful for setting the devices or changing devices settings.
Nothing more. It's been months and months since I stopped using it.
Too bad, because a single App to manage multiple services would have been useful.
There are also other serious shortcomings that I have pointed out several times.
When I open an Album :
The number of tracks on the album and the total duration of the Album are missing near the cover.
The length of the track is missing next to each track
Just to mention another serious shortcoming.
So, are you still hoping that anything will change? ;)
In Italy we have a saying about situations like this. I won't mention it because it's vulgar. :eek:

I just use ROON. I know that‘s considered controversial 😂 but gee it makes life so much easier.

Not on Roon.......still. May be one time or another ;)
Now i'm using Bubble UPnP with great satisfaction. Or MConnect on IOS. The latter App is less complete than Bubble, but it works and has all the basics.
A curiosity, with Roon can you also listen to Amazon Music Unlimited? 🤔
I presume not.

Back