Qobuz v Amazon UHD

Of course it's a different story when source resolutions differ, I didn't even take it into consideration.
I don't remember a 96KHz version on AM. Anyway, since that different stereo image was always with material at 192KHz, much more prevalent on AM and for same releases (remaster XXXX) taken in account, i could suspect a massive responsibility of DAC itself. The titles taken in account to compare, AM was 192 and Qobuz was 96.
Anyway, it's mandatory arrange a setup to switch instantaneously among two stream.

Last edited:
I don't remember a 96KHz version on AM. Anyway, since that different stereo image was always with material at 192KHz, much more prevalent on AM and for same releases (remaster XXXX) taken in account, i could suspect a massive responsibility of DAC itself. The titles taken in account to compare, AM was 192 and Qobuz was 96.
Anyway, it's mandatory arrange a setup to switch instantaneously among two stream.
What's interesting, those 2 tracks were not bit exact. It can be seen in the DeltaWave:

1679924515686.png

1679924618888.png

But this difference cannot be audible at all.

What's interesting, those 2 tracks were not bit exact. It can be seen in the DeltaWave:

But this difference cannot be audible at all.
The exact release of Ramones was "Ramones - 40th anniversary deluxe 2016 remaster. I'm sure qobuz served it at 96 whilst and AM at 192. As stated before, i could be wrong and not recall exactly...
Maybe the generic impression was not AM vs Qo but 192 vs 96 due to the dac...

I compared too, but completely the same waveform. Are you Re-clocking with the external DAC's internal clock? I apologize if my English is rude.
I don't use reclocking between 2 different clocks in such capture scenarios. Did you compare the same tracks I did?

The exact release of Ramones was "Ramones - 40th anniversary deluxe 2016 remaster. I'm sure qobuz served it at 96 whilst and AM at 192. As stated before, i could be wrong and not recall exactly...
Maybe the generic impression was not AM vs Qo but 192 vs 96 due to the dac...
I have my spdif out limited to 96 kHz, so I've received 96 kHz version from the AM.

I trust more Qobuz about original sample rate. Who knows if, when AM goes beyond, there's a sort of "poetic license"...
Well, I can see that the AM version had a LP filter applied.

AM:
1679929463558.png
Qobuz:
1679929480168.png

I doubt it has been altered by the WiiM, so it's rather a content directly delivered by the AM.

Back