Rate my Setup 😄

Hello WIIM users! So last week I finally got the Pro to (hopefully) future-fi my Streaming needs.
It is connected through Coax to an AVM CS5.2 all-in-one Receiver. I’m using the AVM DAC, Wolfson WM8741 and speakers are some older B&W 804 S.
I also listen to vinyl on a Technics SL1500C with 2m Blue connected through the AVM phono stage. 601AEA80-CFC1-434B-BA6B-800BC47332F1.jpeg

Ah, why I’ve decided to bypass all streaming functions of the AVM CS5.2? Because they’re cumbersome, drops internet connection, no BT, no Cast, no Spotify, only Tidal and Qobuz, internet radio through vTuner which won’t be supported in the future by BBC… and the app is just not user friendly.

Ah, why I’ve decided to bypass all streaming functions of the AVM CS5.2? Because they’re cumbersome, drops internet connection, no BT, no Cast, no Spotify, only Tidal and Qobuz, internet radio through vTuner which won’t be supported in the future by BBC… and the app is just not user friendly.
And as of late, I have a new internet service provider and the AVM doesn’t connect to the new network anymore. No problem for the Wiim Pro.

Back