"real" factory reset?

Xenopus

hello,

I changed my router and the wiim mini keeps disappearing in a random manner from my network using Bubble UPNP. In order to troubleshhoot that problem, i've done several factory reset of the wiim (by pressing the play button during 10 sec or by using the android app). After the reset, I have to go through a new setup of the wiim, but this factory reset doesnt seem to be a "real" factory reset. I have to chose the name of the wifi network but i dont have to reenter the password of this network in order to connect. The last firmware is also already installed, so it seems that the factory reset doesn't erase all the previous setup.
Is there a solution to do a full factory reset?

hello,

I changed my router and the wiim mini keeps disappearing in a random manner from my network using Bubble UPNP. In order to troubleshhoot that problem, i've done several factory reset of the wiim (by pressing the play button during 10 sec or by using the android app). After the reset, I have to go through a new setup of the wiim, but this factory reset doesnt seem to be a "real" factory reset. I have to chose the name of the wifi network but i dont have to reenter the password of this network in order to connect. The last firmware is also already installed, so it seems that the factory reset doesn't erase all the previous setup.
Is there a solution to do a full factory reset?
If you uninstall the Wiim app at the same time as factory reset, will you still have your Wi-Fi password?

If you uninstall the Wiim app at the same time as factory reset, will you still have your Wi-Fi password?
Thank you for the suggestion: I will try that (could work for the wifi password, but i would be surprised that it works for the firmware).

Do you have the option to disable 'IGMP Snooping' on the new router? Its purpose is to prevent flooding of multicast traffic, but it's been seen to cause discovery problems like these with UPnP.

A factory resent should never revert the firmware. The firmware should be the only thing that doesn't get reset.

Do you have the option to disable 'IGMP Snooping' on the new router? Its purpose is to prevent flooding of multicast traffic, but it's been seen to cause discovery problems like these with UPnP.
Yes, this is a good suggestion, and I've also seen that on various discussion. The problem is that I can't see how to access this option in my router interface (Alcatel HH71).

I found what I think is the user manual and could find no reference to it either.
Was everything working before you switched router? Have you got other UPnP renderers or just the WiiM?
If everything was working before the switch and it's the only thing that changed I'd be tempted to return it and pick another. That being said I'm not aware of a list of working routers.

EDIT: it does however say that UPnP is disabled by default. It might be worth trying with that enabled to see if it works. If it does I'd try and get clarification on exactly what that does as it usually refers to Internet Gateway Device Protocol which you generally want off.

Last edited:
thank you again. I've turned UPnP on without any differences. It's difficult to troubleshoot this problem since it's very random: sometimes the streamer appears, sometimes it disappears, without any logic.
Unfortunately, I dont have the choice to change this 4G router because of my internet provider.

thank you again. I've turned UPnP on without any differences. It's difficult to troubleshoot this problem since it's very random: sometimes the streamer appears, sometimes it disappears, without any logic.
Unfortunately, I dont have the choice to change this 4G router because of my internet provider.
Can you put it in modem only mode and use your previous router? Alternatively I guess you could just plug your old router (depending on how it was setup) into the new one and use this network.

A Google search returns very few results about Alcatel and UPnP so it could be a red herring.

I take it you don't have any other UPnP renderers?
Is your UPnP server being picked up ok?

Have you tried connecting to one of the other interfaces e.g. Spotify/Airplay/Tidal? They use a different discovery method.
Is the WiiM discoverable by the WiiM Home App when it's missing from BubbleUPnP?

Last edited:
I just have this alcatel router right now, so no choice.
UPnP server is picked up properly. Right now, the easiest way to find the wiim mini is to unplugged /plugged it back.
And yes, the wiim home app find the wiim in a far more constant manner than Bubble UPnP (even if it sometimes disappears from this app too).

ps: i can confirm that after a factory reset + uninstalling Wiim app + Win mini unplugged during 1 hour, the wiim mini is still remembering the wifi password at the next set up... or is it my router that keep the authorization ?(would be surprising)

Last edited:
I just have this alcatel router right now, so no choice.
UPnP server is picked up properly. Right now, the easiest way to find the wiim mini is to unplugged /plugged it back.
And yes, the wiim home app find the wiim in a far more constant manner than Bubble UPnP (even if it sometimes disappears from this app too).

ps: i can confirm that after a factory reset + uninstalling Wiim app + Win mini unplugged during 1 hour, the wiim mini is still remembering the wifi password at the next set up... or is it my router that keep the authorization ?(would be surprising)
Your new router is a "4G router" - which i take to mean it relies on an over the air mobile network signal - i.e. not the traditional hardwired modem/ router. Which would mean a weak or variable 4G signal in your location would potentially affect your wifi performance from the router.
I don't use BubbleUpnp, but have you tried using the Mini/WHA with just the new router, with Bubbleupnp uninstalled? I had problems with a non-wiim audio device losing its connection to its control app, seemingly because of a third party upnp app competing for connection.
On the wifi password/factory reset issue, the Mini User manual version 1.7 says "Factory reset clears all source, volume, and network settings from the speaker and returns it back to the original factory settings." @WiiM Support can you confirm that all passwords including wifi are deleted with a factory reset? That could be important if a resale of a Wiim device was planned.

Back