Reduce latency for surround use

Nick

Any chance of reducing the latency in audio when transmitting from wiim to wiim via Bluetooth?. I’m using analogue input from rear pre-outs, trying to transmit to another wiim for seperate rear speaker amp. Latency is massive, around one full second.

There is also a massive latency via playlink connection...
Up to now this delay is too much for use with TV or gaming (optical input). A reduction would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Even more of a soup sandwich then than is described in my top airplay link 🤣

It's not really got much going for it, has it?

For sure it's not the receiver problem, I've tried with Apple TV as a sender and Pro Plus as a receiver during the movie yesterday, and lip sync was fine. So maybe there is an area for improvements here if it's on the sender side.
Do thy duty ;)

One of the big problems nowadays could be that too many people rely too much on the second part of Longfellow's quote 😉

AirPlay cast looks unusable for such scenarios with a delay of more than 2 s...
I would like to confirm this.
I purposely bought a WiiM Pro for the AirPlay Cast feature. I connected my home theater projector to WiiM Pro with optical-in port, then setup AirPlay Cast to my Sonos One stereo. It resulted in 2-3 seconds delay and unable to watch any video. This is a huge dissappointment to me.

However, when Apple TV 4K airplay-ed to the same Sonos One stereo pair, the streaming experience is perfect.

Looks like the Airplay Cast feature still needs improvement. It would be fantastic feature if the Airplay Cast can function the same as Apple TV 4K.

Thomas

Back