Resolving 24/192 not working via SPDIF

markovian72

Previously, I had 24/192 sampling working via SPDIF on my WiiM Mini.

Today, I went into the WiiM App and noticed that all content was playing at 44.1 and was confused... thinking maybe it was a bug in the latest firmware.

I changed the Output Resolution to a lower value, 24/96 and sound played thru my DAC -> Headphone Amp -> Headphones. But when I changed the Output Resolution to 24/192 no sound came thru... even though I heard the DAC clicking to indicate it was changing its sampling rate.

After reading another support thread, I decided to swap from the aftermarket optical cable I've been using back to the stock cable which came with the WiiM. I rebooted WiiM and my DAC, but I could still only get 24/96 to play sound.

I thought maybe the optical cable connectors weren't quite properly seated between the DAC and WiiM, so I re-adusted them and tested again. Still no sound at 24/192.

Finally, I thought that perhaps having the optical cable fairly tightly wrapped around itself could be affecting the signal... so I disconnected both connectors, swapped which connector went to the DAC & WiiM, and then reconnected everything, but wrapping the cable around in a circle much looser (i.e. greater radius). After another reboot of the devices I'm now able to get 24/192 when configuring in the WiiM App and playing music.

I just wanted to share this troubleshooting resolution in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

I have the amp with internal DAC and it's good quality that's why I connected WiiM by toslink not RCA. But it seems it's better to use toslink with rating 44k rather than using RCA.

I just had this issue, after choosing 16/44.1 resolution in the app it simply wouldn't go back to any other setting. Test tone for 24/192 was successful, but as soon as I started playing music it fell back to 16/44.1. This was on my iPhone. However, the iPad app worked as it should.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Wiim app on my iPhone, and now it works perfectly again.

Just sharing my experience.

First in audio settings of the device you choose 192/24 for your optical out.
Second you choose Qobuz in the browser with the arrow to the right.
Then you will find top left settings again
There you select the highest possible solution.

First in audio settings of the device you choose 192/24 for your optical out.
Second you choose Qobuz in the browser with the arrow to the right.
Then you will find top left settings again
There you select the highest possible solution.
I have a wiim mini. I don t see this audio settings feature. Thanks for answering.

Back