Room Correction Support using Room EQ Wizard

mcombat

Room EQ Wizard (REW) is a massively popular DIY room correction, favored by DIY audio enthusiasts looking for alternatives to DIRAC. It is also highly regarded by audio science review.

Ideally it would be possible to upload a direct output file from REW.

Room EQ Wizard (REW) is a massively popular DIY room correction, favored by DIY audio enthusiasts looking for alternatives to DIRAC. It is also highly regarded by audio science review.

Ideally it would be possible to upload a direct output file from REW.

All those idea are good if implemented, however they had peq being push back and no information has been provided since then.

I agree. Pushing a file from REW to the WiiM pro in the same manner as one would do today to say a Mini-DSP unit would be truly outstanding

If I can suggest, I think BruteFIR could be appropriate. It’s a high quality / lightweight / well known / linux and dev friendly (gnu) / way to integrate convolution filter generated from REW and achieve good room correction.

I can it’s even easier than developing PEQ as no UI is needed and only loading a wav file is required. You can also design your PEQ into REW and rely on Brutefir for playback if you’re not interested in room correction

It’s maybe more for ”advanced user” but REW is already for advanced users :)
I think it’s a good match for Wiim users community IMHO

Edit: it’s already suggested by several users on the other thread. You should vote for it

No eq in the outputs like bluetooth and baseband (rca) outputs is a total misrepresentation of your product as nowhere in the documentation is this stated. I'm close to returning it and doing my utmost to get it banned off Amazon. Its totally unusable without any eq. I spent a week trying to get it to work before I was informed this apparently has never worked, and has not been scheduled to be fixed. Interesting that in all the reviews this has never been brought up; why?

Sounds a tad over dramatic.
EQ is a fairly new feature.
My understanding was that it was only airplay and bluethooth output that this didn't work for, and also that wiim were looking into it.

No eq in the outputs like bluetooth and baseband (rca) outputs is a total misrepresentation of your product as nowhere in the documentation is this stated. I'm close to returning it and doing my utmost to get it banned off Amazon. Its totally unusable without any eq. I spent a week trying to get it to work before I was informed this apparently has never worked, and has not been scheduled to be fixed. Interesting that in all the reviews this has never been brought up; why?
As I explained re the iOS app, no EQ on Line out looks like a recent bug that I have reported as it works on Android. Have you submitted a ticket as well?
And I did say WiiM we’re looking into the possibility of adding EQ to Bluetooth and airplay casting.

Hi Donn,

It's important to note that EQ settings are applied exclusively to the playback device, and not to the source device from which the audio is being streamed. In scenarios where you're using Bluetooth or AirPlay to cast audio, your WiiM device acts as the source, and thus, EQ adjustments are not applied at this stage. For optimal audio customization, I recommend setting the EQ directly on the device you're using to receive and play the audio. This approach ensures that your audio output is tailored to your preferences right where it matters most - at the point of playback.

Hi Donn,

It's important to note that EQ settings are applied exclusively to the playback device, and not to the source device from which the audio is being streamed. In scenarios where you're using Bluetooth or AirPlay to cast audio, your WiiM device acts as the source, and thus, EQ adjustments are not applied at this stage. For optimal audio customization, I recommend setting the EQ directly on the device you're using to receive and play the audio. This approach ensures that your audio output is tailored to your preferences right where it matters most - at the point of playback.
While I can see some logic in that if you’re casting to multiple airplay devices, I can equally see the use case of say Bluetooth headphones where it could be very useful for the WiiM device to be able to adjust the EQ for streams sent to them - for one thing, I wouldn’t see that as any different to sending audio to the speakers in the WiiM Amp. Or a single AirPlay/Bluetooth speaker in the same room as the WiiM.

Might WiiM consider this as a feature request and allow the user to choose whether EQ is applied to any output stream(s)?

As I explained re the iOS app, no EQ on Line out looks like a recent bug that I have reported as it works on Android. Have you submitted a ticket as well?
And I did say WiiM we’re looking into the possibility of adding EQ to Bluetooth and airplay casting.
Hi Brantome, Team

After conducting a thorough review of our most recent iOS application, we haven't encountered any issues related to EQ functionality on the Line Out. However, we understand that individual experiences may vary, and we're here to help. If you're facing this problem, please send us detailed feedback through the app. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hi Brantome, Team

After conducting a thorough review of our most recent iOS application, we haven't encountered any issues related to EQ functionality on the Line Out. However, we understand that individual experiences may vary, and we're here to help. If you're facing this problem, please send us detailed feedback through the app. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Hi, it did seem intermittent tbh - when I posted the above, I was having issues on my iPad trying to get EQ going on the line out, but after going back and forth between my android phone and the iPad, I then couldn’t reproduce it on the iPad so didn’t submit a ticket. If it recurs, I’ll certainly do so :)

Back