WiiM Pro is now Roon Ready

Relax.
There are definitely other manufactures that took as long / longer to get roon ready, and marketed it early too.
Only buy something based on current functionality, never expectations / promises.
I'm more than relaxed... After months I'm sleeping... :ROFLMAO:
Also I totally agree with your second statement... It is exactly what Roon's team say...
WiiM is among these producers: promise (and advertised) features they can't face in the undisclosed timeframe.

I can think of another well known streamer manufacturer that stated they would support certain functionality "in a few months", telling people it was ok to buy other products that required this functionality, and then took many, many months to deliver on that feature.

Here I've a different experience.
I've gained pretty fast implementation in both endpoint I owned in the past...
Announced as an upcoming update and two weeks later I was streaming.

Last edited:
Microsoft was decades ago the founder of "development by customer". Since then they have many, many copycats..

Just opened the app and Roon Ready was one of the music sources.

I tapped on it and it disappeared. So I guess it's close.

Starting a new thread here about Roon Ready on WiiM Pro.

Current status as of 2/21/23 - Pro is currently going through Roon Ready certification. We'll provide more updates as it becomes available.
16 days and end of Quarter 2, maybe before end of Quarter 4 2023

Hi everyone,

We have great news to share with you all. As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. We want to give you all a heads-up since you have eagerly awaited this update.

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed.
WiiM Pro released Nov/Dec. 2002. Wiim states “ROON READY” being worked on. Feb.2, 2023 - ROON Ready
timeline by end of first quarter (3/31/23), end of 3rd quarter in 15 days. I was being sarcastic in reference to ROON Ready by end of of 2023 which would be anniversary of introduction.

WiiM Pro released Nov/Dec. 2002. Wiim states “ROON READY” being worked on. Feb.2, 2023 - ROON Ready
timeline by end of first quarter (3/31/23), end of 3rd quarter in 15 days. I was being sarcastic in reference to ROON Ready by end of of 2023 which would be anniversary of introduction.
Just saw the post that firmware release for ROON ready is scheduled for 6/30. Hip hip hooray

Hi everyone,

We have great news to share with you all. As of today, WiiM Pro is Roon Ready certified. Now we are currently preparing the firmware and will be releasing the Roon Ready update to all WiiM Pro owners by 6/30. We'll make a formal announcement in all our channels when the firmware is released on 6/30. We really appreciate your patience throughout the certification process. We want to give you all a heads-up since you have eagerly awaited this update.
Great news ! Thanks for the update

Good news in my opinion!
Maybe the combination of a budget class streamer like the WiiM together with Roon as a little more expensive (but worth every Cent) software can make it more attractive for one or another. They still offer this trial for two weeks, so it might be worth a close and free look. Sure I mentioned it before 😉: I will use Roon as long as there is no even better and convenient way. But for the moment there is nothing in my sight. You can use it very easy leaving the settings with Roon. And the more ambitious users have so much to play around...

Back