Separate Fixed Volume Settings

Doug33

Sorry if already requested (and surprised if not...)

One of the reasons I bought this amazing device is its versatility. So I can pass bit-perfect stream to my very nice DAC and system by setting fixed volume. BUT was in for a shock when I changed output to my poor little JBL bluetooth speaker and worried about blowing it up!

Seems wouldn't be that hard to have separate settings for the volume fixed choice for coax/spdif/bluetooth, as you have for resolution output?

Sorry if already requested (and surprised if not...)

One of the reasons I bought this amazing device is its versatility. So I can pass bit-perfect stream to my very nice DAC and system by setting fixed volume. BUT was in for a shock when I changed output to my poor little JBL bluetooth speaker and worried about blowing it up!

Seems wouldn't be that hard to have separate settings for the volume fixed choice for coax/spdif/bluetooth, as you have for resolution output?
I’ve requested it many times (I’m surprised I still have any speakers left). WiiM dev said it was a good idea about 1 year ago but sadly it’s not been implemented.

I have a similar idea, but the other way around: fixed volume based on the input. In my setup, I have a set of active speakers, turned to a fix volume, and on my WiiM Mini I either stream Tidal or use the Aux In from my TV with an eArc extractor. With the latter I can control the volume of the TV with the TV remote. I use the optical output from the WiiM, connected to a DAC.

It would be awesome if the output volume for aux in was fixed, but I'd still be able to control volume from the app when I'm streaming music.

I’ve sent a ticket regarding this for the Wiim amp. I’ve also created a post in the feature request forum.

I think the solution is to have the option, per input, to set a “start volume” level or “last volume level used” that is triggered whenever an input is selected, including inputs that are auto-sensed.

I’ve sent a ticket regarding this for the Wiim amp. I’ve also created a post in the feature request forum.

I think the solution is to have the option, per input, to set a “start volume” level or “last volume level used” that is triggered whenever an input is selected, including inputs that are auto-sensed.
In response to my ticket about that, WiiM have responded that their “team has prioritized the implementation of a preset volume feature for each input source”, and that they hope to release the firmware next week.

In response to my ticket about that, WiiM have responded that their “team has prioritized the implementation of a preset volume feature for each input source”, and that they hope to release the firmware next week.
That’s great. Fingers crossed. And hopefully this will be for the Amp as well.

I hope the memory that store all the firmware updates in wiim is large enough as the codes get bigger every update.

Back