Snake oil update! 🐍

Did I read "cassette"? This underrated and today inexpensive beauty from 1981 joined the vintage room on Tuesday. A Saba CD262. Have to do some head adjustments and waving the (not snake) oil can.
Another missed opportunity for @BowsAndArrows ;-)

View attachment 6854
Two years ago I gave my neighbor the Kenwood KX-5030... He is happy that he can listen to his thousands of cassettes and I have a bit more space in the attic again 😉 But I already regret it...

It's nice when you achieve acceptable results. For my part, I just have different experiences. In this respect, my digitization is unaffected and corresponds exactly to the situation as if I had just put the LP on the turntable. With all its disadvantages due to the mechanics/technology etc. The only advantage now is that I have this data on the NAS and can access it quickly from anywhere without having to do the usual preparatory work for playing an LP 👍.

I also dived into the wave back then and even removed some clicks manually. It was all very time-consuming, which is why the automatic filrers were used. From today's perspective, I don't like the result (sterile, high frequencies cut off, live recordings sound clipped, muffled, etc.). The ratio of time spent to result makes me want to simply use the original today. Back then with cassette, I was already of the opinion that I could achieve the best results without Dolby B or C 😉
You should try Vinyl Studio on some of your digitized files. The results are not sterile etc. as you describe - at least not to me and others who listen to my rips. But, to each his own.

Back