Spotify Hi-Fi support

pieterv1

Major Contributor
In case of an announcement of Hi-Fi quality during Spotify's Stream On event later today, would the WiiM range of devices technically support it directly?
Or is it possible an update for the Spotify Connect API will have to be implemented?

Tune in here!

Mhhhh, may be another chimera? For more than a year there have been rumors about Spotify HD :unsure:
I have Spotify Premium, but I doubt I'll switch to Spotify Platinum or whatever it will be called.
I read on the web that a possible price could be €19.99. Completely off the market!! I have Amazon Music Unlimited too and it cost only 9;90€.
Moreover, always according to rumors, they have not specified what they mean for their HD.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I'll stand by the window and see what happens

Many saw today's Stream On event as a "now or never" moment. But I wouldn't say we're never going to get it... The last official statement about it last year was that it's still in the works.

But that doesn't take away from today's disappointment 😅 they're going to make the GUI very tiktok/instagram like.

Our WiiM devices will support Spotify Hi-Fi whenever they decide to release it. Note: Spotify Hi-Fi is a premium service so you will only see GUI changes in the Spotify app if you subscribe to it.

I think we will never see Spotify HiFi.
Too many fierce competitors and the Spotify guys have missed the train.
As I said, I have Spotify Premium and I'm happy enough with it. It's not too bad when listened to through a good system.
For something more I use AMU.

I think many people would jump ship from Apple Music / Amazon Music (back) to Spotify if they decide to launch it. It's a different story maybe for people using Tidal who have invested in specific hardware with MQA support.

I guess it's time for me to abandon Spotify, albeit reluctantly. What I want is a service for listening to music, not some kind of Tik Tok or something else. Podcasts included. If the CEO did the wrong thing, too bad for him.
Of course another 100,000 will be happy.

And you did well my friend ;) The last event too revealed itself to be another false promise.
Better for them having focused on Hi-Res rather than podcasts!!
By the way they are the only platform not offering Hi-Res music.
I will sail away:mad:

Worse for them. I have abandoned them for Qobuz.
Among other things, I had read rumors that spoke of € 19.90 for CD quality. ☹️ 😖
They are crazy!! They can keep everything. I also live without them 😅

Back