Static/crackling noise

gwi42

I noticed after a week with the pro sometimes my TV sound makes a static/crackling noise for about 5-10 seconds. My connection is optical in/optical out and it happens I tried optical in / rca out and it happens. Optical setting is 192/24 could this be it? I did lower it but Its hard to tell since it may not happen for hours but it's everyday. What's going on here Wiim? Is it a bad unit?

I noticed after a week with the pro sometimes my TV sound makes a static/crackling noise for about 5-10 seconds. My connection is optical in/optical out and it happens I tried optical in / rca out and it happens. Optical setting is 192/24 could this be it? I did lower it but Its hard to tell since it may not happen for hours but it's everyday. What's going on here Wiim? Is it a bad unit?
I have the same issue. Blu ray player to optical-in periodically creates static/distortion. Stopping Blu ray player and restarting provides temporary fix, but it ultimately returns. Swapped in another Blu ray player with the same results.

Wow another one. Anybody else experience this? Looks like maybe a defect if Wiim doesn't respond to this tomorrow maybe it's best to start a return.

I have the same issue with the Pro. Happens every few minutes. Definitely the input, as I have no issue with the optical when streaming. If I open the app while it makes the noise it usually goes away….Contacted support twice now. Still haven’t had a reply.

Seems like there could be problem here let's see if others start to respond. I bet everyone has this issue and maybe they just haven't noticed it yet. Wiim needs to address this otherwise it's going back.

Seems like there could be problem here let's see if others start to respond. I bet everyone has this issue and maybe they just haven't noticed it yet. Wiim needs to address this otherwise it's going back.
I haven’t noticed such an issue. Submit a ticket, but don’t expect it to be fixed in a day

I haven’t noticed such an issue. Submit a ticket, but don’t expect it to be fixed in a day.
Wouldn’t expect it to be fixed in a day….There’s just 0 acknowledgement of my submitted ticket after almost a week.

Are using the optical input to pass through TV sound?

It's a community forum. No one will be frightened by your threats of returning an item. Repeating it won't work.

Wouldn’t expect it to be fixed in a day….There’s just 0 acknowledgement of my submitted ticket after almost a week.

Are using the optical input to pass through TV sound?
I was responding to the comment above “…if Wiim doesn't respond to this tomorrow maybe it's best to start a return.”

Yes, optical in from the tv into Pro and out via coax into my amp. It’s not in daily use as I tend to use my fire cube straight into my amp for the major video streaming apps, but when I occasionally watch terrestrial tv I haven’t experienced any issues even with lip sync (which I can adjust both on my tv and amp).

I was responding to the comment above “…if Wiim doesn't respond to this tomorrow maybe it's best to start a return.”

Yes, optical in from the tv into Pro and out via coax into my amp. It’s not in daily use as I tend to use my fire cube straight into my amp for the major video streaming apps, but when I occasionally watch terrestrial tv I haven’t experienced any issues even with lip sync (which I can adjust both on my tv and amp).
I personally don’t want to return it. It would just be nice to be acknowledged 😅

I am personally using for streaming apps from my TV and not terrestrial, as I’d assume would be the majority of use cases.

Do you notice clicking all the time, or only when switching tracks? What music service are you using? Does it happen btw every track or just when switching to a different bitrate track?

Do you notice clicking all the time, or only when switching tracks? What music service are you using? Does it happen btw every track or just when switching to a different bitrate track?
Mine is only occurring when using the optical input. No issues with standard streaming to optical output to my DAC.

Just got a Pro and Mini - tried connecting optical SPDIF from a CD Player into the pro - listening to the analog output of the Pro (and the output of the Mini) - heard some distortions after a while, which continued. Unsynched the Mini - distortions still continued. The analog output of the CD player was clean.

Opened a ticket...

Mine is only occurring when using the optical input. No issues with standard streaming to optical output to my DAC.
Mine is also on optical input from the TV. It's totally random when it happens I get a static noise mixed in with the voices for 10secs then clears up.

See if opening that app when it starts makes it stop. Seems to do the trick on mine.
The app is usually always open I'm always changing sound level or EQ. What I have done is change spdif sample rate.
192/24 problem exists
96/24 problem exists
48/24 now 3hrs hasn't happened fingers are crossed.

The app is usually always open I'm always changing sound level or EQ. What I have done is change spdif sample rate.
192/24 problem exists
96/24 problem exists
48/24 now 3hrs hasn't happened fingers are crossed.
Watching Netflix this static problem happens on all optical settings.

Same issue here. TV>pro via optical>amp via rca and optical (tried both). Static occurs after a few minutes. music streaming via Ethernet is fine. Any streaming service makes it worse. Shame because this is reason I got pro. Have mini already and wanted it for this exact reason. To declutter my area.

Back