Static/crackling noise

gwi42

I noticed after a week with the pro sometimes my TV sound makes a static/crackling noise for about 5-10 seconds. My connection is optical in/optical out and it happens I tried optical in / rca out and it happens. Optical setting is 192/24 could this be it? I did lower it but Its hard to tell since it may not happen for hours but it's everyday. What's going on here Wiim? Is it a bad unit?

Still haven’t heard anything…It’s like being in a restaurant where the waiter forgot to put your order in, and instead of communicating doesn’t come back to the table for 45 min 😅
Hi Mickmedical,

Sorry for our late reply. It seems your device is still in the old whitelist firmware, not the latest. So we remove it from the whitelist and it will get updated with the latest version of firmware with number 4.8.504937. Please give it a try and see if the new firmware works for you.

Meanwhile, our team is trying to reproducing the issue in our lab.

Thank you for your patience!

Hi Mickmedical,

Sorry for our late reply. It seems your device is still in the old whitelist firmware, not the latest. So we remove it from the whitelist and it will get updated with the latest version of firmware with number 4.8.504937. Please give it a try and see if the new firmware works for you.

Meanwhile, our team is trying to reproducing the issue in our lab.

Thank you for your patience!
Thank you for the update and my device did receive the latest firmware. However, the distortion still exists. Thank you.

Currently watching a movie and the static has been happening every two minutes like clockwork, super annoying. It throws the voice syncing off til it happens again synchronized the sound and video back on track.

Is anyone else still having this problem? I have a Vizio TV -> SPDIF In on WiiM Pro -> SPDIF out to speaker that is causing a ton of crackling when playing content from streaming services (Netflix and Hulu test so far) on an Apple TV 4K that is connected to the Vizio TV. When using the Apple Music app on the Apple TV then there is no crackling. I haven’t had a chance to test other sources yet, like using the built-in smart functionality of the Vizio TV.

I also submitted a support ticket, but figured I’d also reach out here.

Firmware version is 4.8.511042

Is anyone else still having this problem? I have a Vizio TV -> SPDIF In on WiiM Pro -> SPDIF out to speaker that is causing a ton of crackling when playing content from streaming services (Netflix and Hulu test so far) on an Apple TV 4K that is connected to the Vizio TV. When using the Apple Music app on the Apple TV then there is no crackling. I haven’t had a chance to test other sources yet, like using the built-in smart functionality of the Vizio TV.

I also submitted a support ticket, but figured I’d also reach out here.

Firmware version is 4.8.511042
I'm on firmware 4.8.512537 and it's still bad with Samsung TV. It was much better for a few weeks during February/early March (firmware updates during that time must have improved things) but a recent update has broken it again 😖

I changed my settings in Audio Output to be 48 KHz and 16 bit under line in resolution to match my CD Player's specs. That created static coming as if my CD Player was having laser issues. I set the input back to 192 KHz, 24 bit and that fixed the problem oddly. Hope this helps someone.

After a week I started getting crackling from left hand speaker. Amazon music via Wharfdale evo 4.1. It's been fine until now. Happens every few minutes. Listening to a number of HD Ultra tracks. Swapped speakers left to right and crackle now comes out of the other speaker. Reconnected all cables and rebooted WiFi and amp. Still pops up every now and then.

After a week I started getting crackling from left hand speaker. Amazon music via Wharfdale evo 4.1. It's been fine until now. Happens every few minutes. Listening to a number of HD Ultra tracks. Swapped speakers left to right and crackle now comes out of the other speaker. Reconnected all cables and rebooted WiFi and amp. Still pops up every now and then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_105232_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_105232_WiiM Home.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 4
If it moves with the speaker, doesn’t that suggest it’s the speaker that’s at fault?

Back