Test spdif to working at any speed

By 'any speed', I assume you're referring to 96khz 24 bits etc.
Which (or both?) output are you testing?
Can you describe your connections?
e,g, for the first issue, my immediate thought is maybe you are using the pro's line out.
The Amazon issue is unusual. How are you playing Amazon? From within Wiim app, or Amazon app? If the latter, chromecast or alexacast?

will not play spdif test music at any speed down to 44khz and 16 bit but plays hd songs in Wiim app. will play Pandora, Calm, and Spotify through spdif. Tried to reset by pushing play on the front but does not respond.

Well, that is weird!

Silly question - how long are you waiting to hear the test tune?
I recall it took far longer than I expected when I was setting up my pro - I think the file is downloaded from wiim to play.
In fact, I remember that I couldn't hear the test when I first set it up.
Edit: I remember why I got no test tone when first setting up.
From my post at the time:
I got no sound from any of the options, but pressed Yes anyway.
When I went back into the menus at the end of setup I saw that Fixed Volume was off and the volume was at
absolute minimum.

Some things that're always worth a shot at least once are a reboot, a factory reset, and removing power for 30 secs or more.
Electronics are just fickle sometimes.

If you think your dac is capable of processing 192 over optical then just set it to that option.
At some point you'll find a 192 track in Amazon or similar, and will know if it's not working.

Last edited:
Well, I waited to hear test sound and got 48 khz/24 bits. Wondering how to get 192 khz/ 24 bit as noted by others. will try different optical cables and pick up some coaxial cables for testing which gives me the best quality

Well, I waited to hear test sound and got 48 khz/24 bits. Wondering how to get 192 khz/ 24 bit as noted by others. will try different optical cables and pick up some coaxial cables for testing which gives me the best quality
A lot of users have found the supplied optical cable often did better than more expensive cables...

Edit: I use this successfully for my Mini: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004YEI7Y4/

I never received an optical cable with my Wiim Pro. I got the USB power cable and block and set of RCA cables. Do you think Linkplay would send me a new cable?

I never received an optical cable with my Wiim Pro. I got the USB power cable and block and set of RCA cables. Do you think Linkplay would send me a new cable?
Probably better to just buy your own, but you don't need an expensive one. I was unable to get 24/192 through the supplied optical cable, but bought a short one for less than $15 that works great. Solid uninterrupted 24/192 now.

But, as Mr. Ee mentioned, your DAC will need to be capable of that.

Back