3. Mixes
And most wanted: Wiim home only displays albums but no Singles and EPs

OK.
Somebody at wiim team probably forgot about few tidal's options:
1. Track radio
2. Suggested songs
3. Mixes
And most wanted: Wiim home only displays albums but no Singles and EPs
Unfortunately, the Tidal API does not include all features that you see in their native app.

Tidal connect on android works like sh#t.
Besides I am also using deezer and want to operate in one app.
I used Tidal connect on mini via android and ios both for one year but apart it doesn't keep track of recently played, I didn't impact with anything so bad.
What are you experiencing with Tidal?
Now I'm trying AMmusic unlimited, it take track of recently played but doesn't show the playing queue...
It's very hard to find the perfect user experience...

I used Tidal connect on mini via android and ios both for one year but apart it doesn't keep track of recently played, I didn't impact with anything so bad.
What are you experiencing with Tidal?
Now I'm trying AMmusic unlimited, it take track of recently played but doesn't show the playing queue...
It's very hard to find the perfect user experience...
It works OK recently.

I would also love tidal api integrated, I have just bought a mini after getting the recommendation to move from rpi for streaming. My first impression is the device is very good, i like the play url api for example.

I would like a api for tidal, volumio have this as part of their offering and it works well. The main reason I want an api is to integrate into a whole house automation system.

John

I would also love tidal api integrated, I have just bought a mini after getting the recommendation to move from rpi for streaming. My first impression is the device is very good, i like the play url api for example.

I would like a api for tidal, volumio have this as part of their offering and it works well. The main reason I want an api is to integrate into a whole house automation system.

John
Use the WiiM's UPnP interface with Tidal's API. I do.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 7.46.22 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I tried something similar a while back using tidalAPI in python. You mention the upnp interface, is this running on a port on the device... I cant seem to find any details on it. Also a quick on one the client id.. i cant seem to sniff one out to use. How did you find one to use with the api? Im interested - the webpage you shared is that something you made with yourself with the interface and api?

John

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I tried something similar a while back using tidalAPI in python. You mention the upnp interface, is this running on a port on the device... I cant seem to find any details on it. Also a quick on one the client id.. i cant seem to sniff one out to use. How did you find one to use with the api? Im interested - the webpage you shared is that something you made with yourself with the interface and api?

John
Have a look at my examples, both Python and Javascript (Chrome extensions) talking to WiiM, Tidal, Qobuz and Deezer. Please fork and improve.

A good UPnP tool, like this one for Android, will let you view all the WiiM's services and methods.

1683922383215.png

Dear Wiim. Is there a chance to duplicate "track radio" option to make it accessible from now playing screen?

Dear Wiim. Is there a chance to duplicate "track radio" option to make it accessible from now playing screen?
It must be possible - bubble upnp has this option.
Although, right now, after a bubble app update, tidal simply refuses to play at all, even to the local renderer.
Press play, icon changes to the pause symbol, then almost immediately back to play again.
Oh well, good job I pretty much just use tidal connect.

So, I just checked the bubble app version, and found there was a recent release with a hot fix to address a problem where tidal didn't play for some users.
Works again now, but I'll still use tidal connect ;)

Back