Tidal Connect not working

wmutschler

For the last couple days, tidal (via android phone) will only connect to Wiim over Bluetooth. When I attempt to connect via tidal connect, playing stops. Other apps like Spotify are connecting properly to the Wiim.

I have rebooted, sign out/ sign in of everything. I only recently started using the Wiim and tidal connect so not sure of how common this issue. When I have had issues like this with Spotify in the past, force stop/restart of app usually did the trick.

Thanks, Bill

The only times I've had issues with Tidal refusing to connect (android tablet, to both a mini and a bluesound node) seem to have been Tidal itself.
Either an app restart or a tablet restart have fixed it.
Once I had to uninstall / reinstall Tidal to get it to work.

MQA using Tidal Connect worked on my Topping E50 DAC using coax before the recent update. I just noticed the DAC no longer indicates MQA when a MQA track is selected. MQA Beta is on. MQA capabilties is selected. Fixed Volume output is selected. EQ is off. Any help would greatly appreciated!

Thanks. I'll try it. WiiM support said my debug showed coax output was set to 16/48 but it was set 192/24 when I checked it. Strange!
Hi Gscott,

When you send the feedback to us, we can change the device setting for you. In this case, our support team made the change for you. Thank you!

For the last couple days, tidal (via android phone) will only connect to Wiim over Bluetooth. When I attempt to connect via tidal connect, playing stops. Other apps like Spotify are connecting properly to the Wiim.

I have rebooted, sign out/ sign in of everything. I only recently started using the Wiim and tidal connect so not sure of how common this issue. When I have had issues like this with Spotify in the past, force stop/restart of app usually did the trick.

Thanks, Bill
Except for rebooting your device and the app, there are other solutions to fix Tidal Connect not working. First, you should figure out if the problem is in the Tidal app or if is it an external reason. You can change the Internet connection and make sure it's stable. Then, clear the Tidal cache files on your device and try again.

Also internet provider and router may play a role. In my case after I changed the internet provider and modem I had no connectivity problems.

Back