Tidal Connect Problem

Frank86

Hello,

I have a problem with Tidal Connect. When I was connected with a device via Tidal Connect to the Wiim Mini and after playing music and did not disconnect by selecting "Play on this device" in the Tidal app, it is not possible to start music playback again from the Tidal app via Connect at a later point in time. A new Control via the Tidal app is only possible after i have made a title change via the Wiim Home app.

Best wishes
 Frank

I have similar issue. Tidal Connect looses wiim connection. Tidal app is even unable to see working wiim after some time of playing music.

On Android? ;)
I sometimes get the same problem, or the Tidal app just stops responding completely.
Happens casting to my bluesound node too, so I'm more inclined to blame Tidal than Wiim/Bluesound.

I have question to admin:
What about those plannede features:
- Support Track Radio and Artist Radio for TIDAL (Android)
- Support My Mix for TIDAL?

OK
I will answer myself :)
Latest update includes Support Track Radio and Artist Radio for TIDAL (Android).

But with My Mix option?
Am I missing something?

Because it likes to stop music from tidal from time to time.... And it also is smartphone dependent.
Ok, I've not experienced music stopping with bubble, but to be fair I now cast tidal from the tidal app since getting the wiim as it has tidal connect.

Don't understand the smartphone comment though.
What do you run the wiim app on?

I just read back up the thread.
Seems you normally (?) use tidal connect too, but it sometimes loses connection.
If using via wiim is more stable for you than either tidal connect or bubble, then yes, not having my mix available would be a tad annoying!

I think so. I havent listen to bubble for a while but as long as I remember it was stopping music when I was going to garden for a minute and losing wifi connectivity.

I think so. I havent listen to bubble for a while but as long as I remember it was stopping music when I was going to garden for a minute and losing wifi connectivity.
I know there's a Proxy Tidal tracks option somewhere in the per renderer settings, in bubble. Assume if enabled it means the stream goes via your phone.
Maybe relevant?

Well, just set up my new WIIM pro today. Used Tidal Connect and man did it sound good! For the two songs it worked on. Completely stopped playing even though if it shows I am connected to WIIM. Have tried a reboot , worked again for a song or two than stops. The Tidal app through the WIIM sounded terrible. Connected through Cambridge audio DAC magic 100 and gets 44 sample rate. Was at 96 on tidal connect. Any thoughts?

Back