Tidal connect used with mini, doesn't keep track of recently played.

merifon

Major Contributor
Anything played through Tidal connect, is not listed in "Recently played" section of Tidal app (both iOS and Android), while all song and albums played in app or via blue tooth, are listed. The automatic reproduction of similar song after the end of a playlist, doesn't work also.
Tidal support didn't help, they said to reboot anything under the sun...
Could it be a wiim issue or it's a limit of Tidal connect?

Perhaps Recently Played is device specific - have you checked whether your ios and android apps show an identical recently played list? If they're different then perhaps the WiiM will show a list for Connect sessions

Perhaps Recently Played is device specific - have you checked whether your ios and android apps show an identical recently played list? If they're different then perhaps the WiiM will show a list for Connect sessions
no, the list of recently played items is the same, regardless were played from ios, android or windows.
I fear it's a limit of Tidal connect that seems to be a different entity. Any item played with it, simply doesn't appear.
It's somewhat even worse with amazon, recently played song are listed but actual playing queue, disappears when casting to wiim and i hate don't know what's next...

Last edited:
D
no, the list of recently played items is the same, regardless were played from ios, android or windows.
I fear it's a limit of Tidal connect that seems to be a different entity. Any item played with it, simply doesn't appear.
It's somewhat even worse with amazon, recently played song are listed but actual playing queue, disappears when casting to wiim and i hate don't know what's next...
Doesn't the Alexa app show the queue even if the amazon music ap doesn't? Another of Amazon's little quirks...

It could be tidal's limitation. In deezer I have queue synchro option and it work OK on all devices.

Anything played through Tidal connect, is not listed in "Recently played" section of Tidal app (both iOS and Android), while all song and albums played in app or via blue tooth, are listed. The automatic reproduction of similar song after the end of a playlist, doesn't work also.
Tidal support didn't help, they said to reboot anything under the sun...
Could it be a wiim issue or it's a limit of Tidal connect?
I get exactly the same problem with my Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro. Anything I play via android tidal app, connected via tidal connect does not stick in the recently played in tidal or wiim app. Anything I initiate from the wiim app shows in wiim app, but still not in tidal. Big big problem because none of my play history there to find later, or to feed into tidal generated mixes.

I get exactly the same problem with my Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro. Anything I play via android tidal app, connected via tidal connect does not stick in the recently played in tidal or wiim app. Anything I initiate from the wiim app shows in wiim app, but still not in tidal. Big big problem because none of my play history there to find later, or to feed into tidal generated mixes.
Tested with a chromecast on my tv, got same behaviour. Reckon problem is with tidal

To get Tidal recently played, you can check this post to see whether it's helpful. Sometimes you may need to reboot your device to fix some glitches.
Thanks but "Tidal connect" and Tidal, seem to be two separate entity.
With connect, also don't work "play similar music", "volume leveling", the "bitrate display" of recent app version and "in play from connect" it's shown, instead of actual playlist source.
I don't know if it's a technical reason or not but for sure, tidal support ignored specific question about...

Back