Transferring music to Wiim Mini from an Echo device

wickedlemon

I've just got a Wiim Mini to try out. I already have numerous Echo devices and a few Firesticks all set up but I'm looking to improve the audio quality over the Echo 3.5mm outputs.

I've managed to get the Mini setup and integrated except for one issue. I have the Mini and an Echo Flex in a group and the Mini set as the preferred speaker. I can talk to the echo and all the responses and music come via the Mini. If I'm listening to music on another device and transfer the music to the Flex/Wiim group the music comes out of the Flex speaker rather than being diverted to the Mini.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and how to fix it?

The preferred speaker setting seems more for requests directly made to the devices in such a group. I suggest you name your Wiim devices/ preferred speakers “<room> speaker(s)”, so you can then ask “Alexa, move my music to the bedroom speaker“ which would be specific as to which device you want used as well as being very easy to remember.

It might be worth trying to set the Flex’s speaker setting, rather than or as well as the group’s speaker setting to see if that makes a difference.

Back