Unable to update firmware on Wiim Pro

shorshington

Has anyone faced an issue where you haven't been able to update the firmware on the Wiim pro? The streamer works but i simply haven't been able to update the firmware.

I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8. Any suggestions,?

My understanding is there’s no way to manually update the firmware. WiiM automatically updates firmware in batches. So depending on where you live will decide what batch you are in.

My understanding is there’s no way to manually update the firmware. WiiM automatically updates firmware in batches. So depending on where you live will decide what batch you are in.
I keep getting the upgrade alert to update OTA however when i click download, it stays on the download screen, doesn't start to download them eventually says download failed. I have a theory, the server speed is too slow and it keeps dropping.

It's been a week or so this way. I just got the Wiim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-074102.png
    Screenshot_20230215-074102.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230215-074148.png
    Screenshot_20230215-074148.png
    1,005.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230215-074302.png
    Screenshot_20230215-074302.png
    965.8 KB · Views: 6
I keep getting the upgrade alert to update OTA however when i click download, it stays on the download screen, doesn't start to download them eventually says download failed. I have a theory, the server speed is too slow and it keeps dropping.

It's been a week or so this way. I just got the Wiim.
Try to unplug for few minutes and plug back in and see if that helps.

If that did not help, uninstall wiim app then re install wiim like new set up. If everything else failed, send email to wiim via wiim app.
I tried the whole thing again even going through a VPN, no luck. We as in touch with WiiM they haven't been able to help me either. Also my tidal can't be linked:(

Any chance it's being blocked by your network infrastructure? Did you try with another internet provider?
There was a case once that FW has been released but no update was possible, but it was a global issue on the Linkplay side.
Never really thought about it, let me try switching the network. I tried by logging in through a VPN, no luck there either

Never really thought about it, let me try switching the network. I tried by logging in through a VPN, no luck there either
IT WORKED! Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Really appreciate it:))

Back