Using wiim for wireless surround?

Nick

I’m trying to use my wiim pro to transmit to a wiim mini for rear channels in my surround set up. I’m using analogue in from the rear pre-outs on my reciever, and then sending the signal via Bluetooth to the wiim mini into a seperate amplifier. Unfortunately the Bluetooth signal has massive latency and cannot be compensated for via my reciever settings. Am I missing something?, is it possible to reduce latency?, is there a way to transmit the audio via Wi-Fi? Sound quality is fine, but the audio delay is about 1second???

So, does that mean it’s not possible to use in this way. Or could there be an update to achieve low latency in the future?.
I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe it can be slightly lowered with some optimizations but I wouldn't expect a huge improvement here.

Yes, but the linkplay has also a huge delay from WiiM Pro to WiiM Mini. Hopefully, there will be an improvement...

More and more coming away from a simple, cheap and capable streamer. For all those wishes countless solutions exist already.
We use the WiiM for music streaming and Sonos for multiroom and TV. If one wants "cinema" surround there are reasonable priced AVRs. And gaming is definitively the last what comes to my mind for a WiiM.
But surely there are enough people who will tell me "it all would be easy to implement" 😉

More and more coming away from a simple, cheap and capable streamer. For all those wishes countless solutions exist already.
We use the WiiM for music streaming and Sonos for multiroom and TV. If one wants "cinema" surround there are reasonable priced AVRs. And gaming is definitively the last what comes to my mind for a WiiM.
But surely there are enough people who will tell me "it all would be easy to implement" 😉
I know what you mean, I see similar queries on Alexa groups where people want to extend an Alexa “home theater” setup which you can do with a fire tv device and a couple of echos/ sub to full surround sound by adding echos as rears as well. By the time you get to that point, a soundbar or av system makes much more sense.

However, I haven’t really seen solutions (but no doubt some will tell me) that wirelessly transmit audio to rear speakers like I used to do with my Rocketfish units. Maybe a pair of WiiM devices could do what they did.

I know what you mean, I see similar queries on Alexa groups where people want to extend an Alexa “home theater” setup which you can do with a fire tv device and a couple of echos/ sub to full surround sound by adding echos as rears as well. By the time you get to that point, a soundbar or av system makes much more sense.

However, I haven’t really seen solutions (but no doubt some will tell me) that wirelessly transmit audio to rear speakers like I used to do with my Rocketfish units. Maybe a pair of WiiM devices could do what they did.
My fear is, as usual, completely egoistic 😉 and I understand of course the wishes. But sometimes it seems to move away day for day a little bit from the "audiophile" (I hate this ridiculous word creation) streamer the WiiM was made. Shall Linkplay or WiiM create tons of new devices for every need on this planet. But overloading an existing item more and more will for sure not be the best way. It may also be in mind that many of the wanters get dissatisfied and impatient when exactly their wishes are not heard quickly.

And btw, I can assure that a Sonos soundbar with the Subwoofer and two Play1 as rear speakers can make really noise and fun 😉

I’m trying to use my wiim pro to transmit to a wiim mini for rear channels in my surround set up. I’m using analogue in from the rear pre-outs on my reciever, and then sending the signal via Bluetooth to the wiim mini into a seperate amplifier. Unfortunately the Bluetooth signal has massive latency and cannot be compensated for via my reciever settings. Am I missing something?, is it possible to reduce latency?, is there a way to transmit the audio via Wi-Fi? Sound quality is fine, but the audio delay is about 1second???
Nick…if you want to accomplish this wirelessly with no latency (rear out AV to rear speakers for surround) you can use this product from SVS sound “SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter. I’ve used this in my home theater for a while and it works well and is a reliable Wi-Fi connection. As long as you have decent Wi-Fi signal strength where you’ll be using it, it’ll work very well. I’ve had it running for over a year w/o a single glitch.

Back