What just happened with my WiiM Pro

Doublej

Major Contributor
I was listening to a CD in my CD player using the SPDIF output to the WiiM Pro. Suddenly, the sound cuts out. I get out of my chair and walk over to the CD player to check if it is misbehaving. It appears to be working fine. Then I look at my WiiM Pro and the LED is flashing white. I stare at it for a moment and ponder why is it unhappy? I start to chase down the online manual when the music returns. I look up and the WiiM LED is green again.

WTF just happened?

That would be strange given that the manual says the Upgrades happen from 2:00-5:00 a.m. in your time zone. It happened around 8:30 local time. Also I updated the firmware on the unit when I received it on November 22 and the current firmware on the unit is dated November 21 so it should have had the latest firmware as of November 22, no?

shinedou and goodmore, looks like you were spot on with your assessment. The 4.8.540047 firmware update release notes dated December 30, 2023 indicate a fix for what I experienced.

4. Update Behavior Correction: Corrected an issue where updates would inadvertently initiate during playback from Line-in or Optical-in. Updates will now occur at more appropriate times to avoid disruption.

Back