What's your setup/configuration look like?

Where’s the Wiim!
I use a WiiM Mini in my office. The Mini doesn’t need a weight!
I only have the WiiM really to test it with LMS.

The pic is from part of my Living Room set up. No WiiM in there. The Pi / Khadas combo with LMS is a great setup. The Khadas is a very good USB DAC and produces a lovely clear sound.

WiiM Pro together with NAD Masters M51, Marantz PM-15s2 and B&W 685s2. Norstone Stylum stands (sandfilled) with damping feet from Sonic Design.

1-jpg.930027

@g3rain1
Looks good👌
I thought these Oticas are open baffle. On the picture it looks like they have a "full cabinet"....are they open on the rear?

Some real nice systems on here!

Recently joined the club with my acquisition of a Wiim Pro which is replacing my Zen Stream....surprisingly with no quality loss, perhaps because I am going through an Audio-GD Di-20 DDC before the DAC. The Wiim has proved real easy to use and suits my listening habits better.

My sources are a Umidigi A11 Tablet testing Amazon, Tidal, Qobuz & YouTube Music at the moment, which are all capably run by the Wiim.
I am also using HiFi Cast to play my music files which are stored on SD card. My second source is a turntable which connects to the optical input of the Wiim via a Parks Audio Puffin digital phono stage. TBH, I am hardly using this now.

My speakers are highly unusual insofar as they consist of 2 pairs open baffle subs (Dayton UM18's) in a naked clamshell arrangement. This is not something I dreamed up overnight. I arrived at this through decades of experimentation in an effort to get deep pure bass with minimal room/cabinet interference and colouration.

I also have also run various open baffle mid/tweeter combinations, but this never gave me the upper bass slam I needed for electronic/rock music. After a dozen or so boxed speakers I tested, I finally arrived at the active Focal Shape Twins which really suit my listening criteria!

Attachments

• 2023-07-25_173153.jpg
    2023-07-25_173153.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hello. Real simple setup for the lakehouse, wiim sits on top of a pair of bestian sr04's via toslink. We have the syno nas in the network for .wav storage. Speakers are surprisingly decent sounding. I'd like to bring a Schiit DAC online at some point but, it's only money. Tia.

Attachments

• 20230726_211409.jpg
    20230726_211409.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
I have a Denon DM41. I'm using the beta firmware on my Wiim Pro for LMS/Squeezelite support. The Wiim Pro feeds in to a SMSL SU-1 DAC into the analog inputs of the Denon. All sounds great.
PXL_20230827_144751355.jpg

Not really using any features on the Denon aside from it being an analogue amp. So bit of a waste.

I'm using the beta firmware on my Wiim Pro for LMS/Squeezelite support.
What app are you using to access and play your music? I do not have the WiiM/Squeezelite firmware yet, but I am using LMS, so I am using third party apps like Material Skin and OrangeSqueeze (for now) to my WiiMs. I have been having an issue where when press Next Track, it skips several tracks before it locks onto one several numbers down the list. Does your Next Track function properly?
Thanks!

What app are you using to access and play your music? I do not have the WiiM/Squeezelite firmware yet, but I am using LMS, so I am using third party apps like Material Skin and OrangeSqueeze (for now) to my WiiMs. I have been having an issue where when press Next Track, it skips several tracks before it locks onto one several numbers down the list. Does your Next Track function properly?
Thanks!
I'm using Material Skin too. I just added a shortcut on my phone home screen (android) to "http://homeserver.local:9000/material/". Don't have any issues moving between tracks. The recent beta update last week looks pretty stable. I understand the final version should be released soon to everyone.

Last edited:
I'm using Material Skin too. I just added a shortcut on my phone home screen (android). Don't have any issues moving between tracks. The recent beta update last week looks pretty stable. I understand the final version should be released soon to everyone.
that's what I wanted to hear!:)

Back