What's your setup/configuration look like?

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Would be great to see some pictures of your setup with WiiM Mini and exact audio configuration to give others some ideas and recommendations:cool:.

Last edited:
No pics to be shared as yet. I am still figuring out the best setup, including a table to keep my stuff on.
Current setup is WiiM optical out->chord 2qute dac->Onkyo M5150 power amp.

Volume control is a challenge so planning to put a Schiit sys before the power amp.
Also WiiM is giving me issues with aux in, so will put the TT directly into sys, and dac output on another sys input.

Edit - I am using Apple Music over airplay 2 as my primary music source and a TT for occasional vinyl listening, as I don’t have lots of vinyl.

Got the Schiit sys in mail today. After putting sys, and increasing volume on Apple Music (Schiit volume control reflects the Apple Music volume, I doubt it applies it’s own volume control in this case) - now the noise level seems to have gone down.

Will check more in detailed listening and will update

I will update with a pict later.
My streaming signal path:
Qobuz/Spotify/Tidal > Wiim mini > Denadrips Ares II > GamuT D3 pre amp > GamuT D200 Mk III poweramp > Larsen 8.2 speakers.
I was sitting on the fence for quite some time waiting for a streamer to materialize itself on the upgrade horizon. The Wiim had all i could ask for, including a small footprint and airplay support, the ability to stream system audio from my mac is priceless. I don't think i am going to change a thing for a loong, loong time :)

I will update with a pict later.
My streaming signal path:
Qobuz/Spotify/Tidal > Wiim mini > Denadrips Ares II > GamuT D3 pre amp > GamuT D200 Mk III poweramp > Larsen 8.2 speakers.
I was sitting on the fence for quite some time waiting for a streamer to materialize itself on the upgrade horizon. The Wiim had all i could ask for, including a small footprint and airplay support, the ability to stream system audio from my mac is priceless. I don't think i am going to change a thing for a loong, loong time :)
"I don't think i am going to change a thing for a loong, loong time" - said no one ever.
You know you want a Pontus....
Unusual looking speakers!

"I don't think i am going to change a thing for a loong, loong time" - said no one ever.
You know you want a Pontus....
Unusual looking speakers!
Yes, i know :) Still no urge for a pontus, I actually had to google it. I spent a few years putting this together, no random stuff so I am quite sure nothing in the digital domain is changing any time soon, i'm in it for the music :)
However i am looking for a headphone amp but luckily don't suffer form a sudden need to upgrade. Larsen is quite unusual and they sound good, but not "in your face"

Attachments

• IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
Wife approved stealth living room setup. Replaced RPi/Khadas Tone Board setup running Volumio.

Mini Optical Out=>Topping D50 Analog Out=>Amazon Echo Link (volume control)=>Parasound Zamp v.3=>Kef Q150

Ethernet ( Industrial Grade Cat 8)->Tidal Connect->Coxial->AudioGD Ref.5.3 dac->ACSS Mogami cable->AudioGD C-2 11th Anniversary amp.

From Toslink->Denafrips Ares OG dac->Gustard H20 amp.

Wiim Pro is powered by Jay's Audio LPS connected to AC Plixir Balanced Power Supply.
20221226_215424.jpg

Ethernet ( Industrial Grade Cat 8)->Tidal Connect->Coxial->AudioGD Ref.5.3 dac->ACSS Mogami cable->AudioGD C-2 11th Anniversary amp.

From Toslink->Denafrips Ares OG dac->Gustard H20 amp.

Wiim Pro is powered by Jay's Audio LPS connected to AC Plixir Balanced Power Supply.
View attachment 192
Are the wood box’s for grounding? Also what does the round circle thing do that’s on top of the wiim pro? Do you find improvement using the grounding devices. Heard mix things on them and curious on your thoughts.

Are the wood box’s for grounding? Also what does the round circle thing do that’s on top of the wiim pro? Do you find improvement using the grounding devices. Heard mix things on them and curious on your thoughts.
Yes, it's for grounding. The circle is Herbie Audio Supersonic Stabilizer.Hard to discern on grounding wise for lower noise floor.

My Wiim Pro just arrived, and it’s seriously fantastic! Finally, I’m streaming Amazon UHD at 24/192 from my iphone!! So far, I’m using the RCA out (internal DAC) to my tube amp. Eventually, I’ll insert a Schiit Modius E into the chain, but for now I’m super impressed! Sounds great, and I like seeing the kbps, and bit rate on the Wiim app. Goodbye Bluesound Node!

Attachments

• C08F205C-2E5D-442B-BFAE-683ED8071490.jpeg
    C08F205C-2E5D-442B-BFAE-683ED8071490.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 105
  • AD98A43F-78B2-4E45-ACD3-AF0E7ACDC25E.jpeg
    AD98A43F-78B2-4E45-ACD3-AF0E7ACDC25E.jpeg
    864.8 KB · Views: 109
Back