Widget Now playing

serak

Hi, is there any news about android widget for now playing?
I believe there are a lot of users who use their tablet in dashboard mode and have multiple different widgets on their desktop (weather, online cameras, statuses of various smart home sensors, etc).
Having to switch between apps is not very comfortable. I haven't found a clear thread here on this with a request, so I'm starting one here.
It doesn't need to be able to do much. Start, stop, pause would be a good start. It is indeed possible to use native apps (as in my case tidal), but this deprives us of the wiim app capabilities (e.g. equalizer or multiplatform).

1705859682187.png

As mentioned before , it might not be non trivial for the WiiM app as it can be controlling the playback on several devices at the same time.

This shouldn't be a big problem. There are more ways to deal with this:

1. In the widget settings, define the device you want to control.
2. Control the last device you controlled in this local application.
3. In the widget, add switching between the devices you want to control.
(For example, in the TuneIn widget, you can view several recently played radios and select one to play.)

1705873180649.png

This shouldn't be a big problem. There are more ways to deal with this:

1. In the widget settings, define the device you want to control.
2. Control the last device you controlled in this local application.
3. In the widget, add switching between the devices you want to control.
(For example, in the TuneIn widget, you can view several recently played radios and select one to play.)

View attachment 4707
Admittedly, my Yamaha widget and toggle controller behave similarly. I can control multiple AVRs in my home.

I have the same request. Most all other music players allow a widget on my android homescreen. For instance, usually I just pull down on the screen and a mini player box is available. I have started using the remote control to skip songs but it would be nice to be available on the drop down menu on my phone. I'm not a fan of talking to Alexa all the time either.

Hi all.
Just purchased by first WiiM Pro, a wonderful little device! But would also really appreciate an Android Widget please :)

Back