wifi configure

zdenek

Does the wiim mini support wifi where a login and password are required?

Sorry, I don't know.
One thing I can tell you is that I won't find that section in the settings of the WiiM home app.

If you are asking about things like work or uni networks where you have to enter username and pwd details into a logon page once connected to the wifi, then no.

I think @zdenek is referring to 802.1x protected wifi. Often referred to as WPA(2) Enterprise.
I am not sure WiiM supports this.

It is different from having to log in via a web portal after the connection is established. Credentials are checked upon connecting to Wifi but instead of locally configured credentials in the router it checks them with centrally stored credentials.

I mean the radius server authentication (802.1x). Not in the browser/web portal window authorization that is often used for visits. @Qnots guessed it correctly.

I guess I'll have to try that. I use Wiim Pro Plus at home and was thinking about Wiim mini for work. For now, I'm playing background music from my cell phone into the active speakers. I'm hoping it will be the same.

@zdenek

Are you able to configure a wifi hotspot on the device you are using to connect to your work network ?
If so it should be possible to connect a Wiim to the SSID of the hotspot.
What sources are you trying tp play back from ?

@zdenek

Are you able to configure a wifi hotspot on the device you are using to connect to your work network ?
If so it should be possible to connect a Wiim to the SSID of the hotspot.
What sources are you trying tp play back from ?
We only have wifi available for non-company devices.

so your phone is non-company and connected to your wi-fi ?
What make is your phone ?
If you set up a hotspot on your phone it is a separate network and will route traffic to/from the Wiim

Back