Wifi Setting

homeduck

Hi,
wifi settings are only available at first setup, after that i can only switch on/off wifi with no configuration options.

I think this could help in case we need to change from wired to wireless connection once the Wiim Pro is already configured.

Thank you.

Hi,
wifi settings are only available at first setup, after that i can only switch on/off wifi with no configuration options.

I think this could help in case we need to change from wired to wireless connection once the Wiim Pro is already configured.

Thank you.

I agree with this and for the Mini as well.
I took my amp and WiiM to a store to demo some speakers and after 20 mins gave up trying to get it to talk to their WiFi and had to use use their streamer instead which also meant I couldn't use my Amazon music where I'd stored playlists for the demo.

Should ideally be a simple way of setting it up / switching networks like a mobile phone.

I agree with Witterings. A simple switch as we have on our smartphones would be appropriate, so we could change WiFi networks from 5 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz according to our needs

Hello, my idea is a bit different and rationale behind it is the fact that network config happens only in first setup.
Currently I have my pro wired to the modem/router and wiim is visibls to echo dot but not to the gHome Mini. I got a suggestion Here: switch from wired to wireless and repeat the gHome config task.
As I don’t want to reset wiim pro setting, I would at least manage the network settings on the fly in the wiim app.
2.4/5 GHz switch can be one of these network settings to be managed in the app

I would also like to reset / change my wifi access to another network. Did anyone resolve this one?

If you press the play button for 3+ secs does it allow the wiim to be rediscovered / reconfigured in the app?

Back