WiiM & Arylic

kate25

Is it possible to interact WiiM products and Arylic (up2stream series for example) to create a multiroom.
One person says it's possible, I'm trying to find at least some information from official sources, but no one answers.
It is known that the devices are based on linkplay chips. So it should be possible.
Also interested in interacting with iEAST

Yep, I use both and they will stream multiroom with either as the source. If you use the WIIM as source it will do multiroom as 16bit 48khz, the arylic will do multiroom as 16bit 44.1khz.

Yep, I use both and they will stream multiroom with either as the source. If you use the WIIM as source it will do multiroom as 16bit 48khz, the arylic will do multiroom as 16bit 44.1khz.
Hi, I've received an email reply from WIIM in July that confimed multiroom transmission as not PCM but MP3, I asked bc FB2K UPnP module announced the multiroom streams as MP3 to me. And I've read as well that a higher transfer rate will be only be available in the future (from now). Did I miss something ??

Hi, I've received an email reply from WIIM in July that confimed multiroom transmission as not PCM but MP3, I asked bc FB2K UPnP module announced the multiroom streams as MP3 to me. And I've read as well that a higher transfer rate will be only be available in the future (from now). Did I miss something ??
I was purely going from what the display on the DAC said

Just streamed from a WIIM to a S10 and the app reported 790kbps 16bit 44.1khz for a HD track from amhd (the track is usually ultra HD in non Multiroom) , can't tell what's transmitted as no dac on the far end as S10 has no digital out. Could well be MP3 but not been that concerned. Thinking it through if its 256 - 320kbps bitrate MP3 doesn't that use 16bit bitdepth and 44.1khz sampling frequency. It's the bitrate that's lower than say a cd quality file with the lossy compression inherent to MP3 format. Sorry no expert on this stuff, makes my head hurt a bit 😉

Hello, I have multiple Linkplay based streamers that I could all use and combine in the WiiM Home app. AudioCast, iEAST, WiiM mini, Edifier S1000W and MS50A and will add the WiiM Pro as soons as it's available. What I just noticed is that it seems the WiiM Home app version 2.3.2 no longer recognizes the AudioCast and iEAST products?! Does anybody experience the same?

Back