WiiM as AirPlay transmitter

Joshua

I would like to transmit the audio-in to other AirPlay devices.

In my case, I want to stream my record player to the IKEA Symfonisk. It has AirPlay (and SONOS), but no other inputs. I was hoping that the WiiM mini could transmit to airplay to solve my set-up. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Could this be added in an update?

There are others who would like this: Aux in to Airplay and Optical in to Airplay

I second that. I thought it did that when I first bought the mini. The features in the literature are vague about airplay support and don’t explicitly state that it’s only an airplay 2 receiver.I even bought a secondhand AirPort Express to hook up to my stereo in the garage. It is an AirPlay 2 receiver and I thought I’d be able to add it to the multi room streaming.

Yes, bring AirPlay cast to the mini like on AirPlay cast on the Pro

It’s very likely that the WiiM Mini doesn’t have the CPU power or RAM to support this or WiiM would have implemented that on the Mini when they did so on the Pro and Pro Plus, so I fear that door is closed.

The features in the literature are vague about airplay support and don’t explicitly state that it’s only an airplay 2 receiver.
Airplay transmission other than from Apple devices isn’t all that common a feature, so those devices or software that do support it would have made that clear. To a degree, the introduction of that feature on the WiiM Pro and Pro Plus came as a bolt out of the blue

Back