WiiM crashes on Spotify with playlists that use missing local files on my Samsung phone

simart

OK, super obscure problem, but in my case it's pretty frustrating. I've created a lot of Spotify playlists that access local mp3 files that I've stored on some devices, but not others. Normally, if I use a Spotify playlist that uses a missing local track, it's just skipped. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A 13. Here's a screenshot of an example playlist:
RareTrackLocalCapture.JPG
Secrets of Love 1 and Fair Skin Man are grayed out because they aren't available on the device that I'm using. Since I created those lists, the Alice Coltrane tracks became available on Spotify and play fine even though they aren't stored locally on the Samsung. Normally, Spotify would skip those missing files on my Samsung without an issue if I'm connected to my amplifier by Bluetooth. If I'm connected with the WiiM mini, when it gets to one of those missing files, it doesn't crash, it just goes silent. It acts like it is playing the file, but it's silent. Even more frustrating, after encountering the track it stops working completely, but there is no error message. I have tried different combinations of restarting the WiiM, the device and uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on the Samsung, and I have been able to get it working eventually, but I haven't discovered the correct steps to fix the problem. Any ideas?

OK, super obscure problem, but in my case it's pretty frustrating. I've created a lot of Spotify playlists that access local mp3 files that I've stored on some devices, but not others. Normally, if I use a Spotify playlist that uses a missing local track, it's just skipped. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A 13. Here's a screenshot of an example playlist:
View attachment 221
Secrets of Love 1 and Fair Skin Man are grayed out because they aren't available on the device that I'm using. Since I created those lists, the Alice Coltrane tracks became available on Spotify and play fine even though they aren't stored locally on the Samsung. Normally, Spotify would skip those missing files on my Samsung without an issue if I'm connected to my amplifier by Bluetooth. If I'm connected with the WiiM mini, when it gets to one of those missing files, it doesn't crash, it just goes silent. It acts like it is playing the file, but it's silent. Even more frustrating, after encountering the track it stops working completely, but there is no error message. I have tried different combinations of restarting the WiiM, the device and uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on the Samsung, and I have been able to get it working eventually, but I haven't discovered the correct steps to fix the problem. Any ideas?
What happens if you use Spotify Connect (not bluetooth) to a device other than the WiiM?

Back