WiiM Facebook fan page

I can perhaps understand why you want it to be a public group, certainly in the first instance, but might you consider making it private in the future? I tend not to participate in public Facebook interest groups as my friends and family don’t need to see my posts in the special interest groups I’m in.

I can perhaps understand why you want it to be a public group, certainly in the first instance, but might you consider making it private in the future? I tend not to participate in public Facebook interest groups as my friends and family don’t need to see my posts in the special interest groups I’m in.
Ok good point I can make it private and people who are interested can join. Would you participate if it was private?

Wiim team

It’s nice that you are being considerate of some privacy concerns, but the goal of having products on social networks is to maximize the exposure of your product and it’s experiences to people

I’d suggest you don’t change back now but periodically (eg annually) review if the page should be private vs public.

Wiim team

It’s nice that you are being considerate of some privacy concerns, but the goal of having products on social networks is to maximize the exposure of your product and it’s experiences to people

I’d suggest you don’t change back now but periodically (eg annually) review if the page should be private vs public.
Good point. At this point, it cannot be changed back to a public page. But we will be periodically updating the official FB page. The fan page is for users to post all things related to WiiM. And will always keep the WiiM forum public.

Wiim team

The WiiM page ( https://www.facebook.com/wiimhome) is already public which befits a company marketing page. However this new fan page where people discuss problems, make suggestions isn’t public almost by definition - it‘s a smaller group of members with a shared interest.

Also, it’s not about posting anything controversial, it’s as I say above - my friends and family don’t need nor want to see posts in my special interest groups. I don’t think they’d thank me for such popping up in their Facebook timeline.

we'll have to differ on whether fan pages by should be public or private by their definition.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I never understood private groups for public product.
WiiM already have a public page for their product, but as I say above, I much prefer a private group to discuss my use of such products as they may not be of interest to my Facebook friends. I know companies who successfully have a public page for product announcements and dissemination of marketing info, but who also have a private group for user support and discussion. It works well and satisfies both camps.

The WiiM community forum is already a great place for open discussion with experienced WiiM owners. And it's well moderated compared to the Wild West that Reddit can be ;)
sure but that isnt a reason to not have a reddit forum for a wider audience. especially as it is not moderated by the corporate entity themselves. though it remains to be seen if i can run a well moderated subreddit. same would go for a discord server if someone created one of those. the more the merrier as far as i'm concerned

I think you’d agree though that this forum is lightly moderated by “the corporate entity themselves” which I’m not part of btw. Reddit unfortunately seldom appears moderated at all given the prevalence of trolls and ad hominem attacks - it really can get quite nasty to the extent I’ve almost totally stepped back from it.

Back