Wiim Home App for Amazon Fire Tablet

Bernard

I was surprised to find that the Wiim Home App isn't available to download onto my Amazon Fire Tablet. I was able to find the App for my Bluesound Node 2i on the Amazon App store, but not the Wimm Home App. Am I the only one that expected it to be available since Amazon is selling the Wiim products?

You can download it from the Google Play Store if you have enabled that, plus WiiM have said they will provide a Fire HD compatible version in the future. Just because Amazon sell a device doesn't mean that an app will be available - the manufacturer of the device needs to do that and I'd guess submit it to Amazon for inclusion on their app store.

Edit: here's a good clear video of how to get the Google Play Store installed on your fire HD tablet - you can ignore the latter parts where he's setting up Google Classroom etc

Thanks for sharing the video. It was very helpful and I have the Wiim App on my Amazon Fire Tablet now.

WiiM have been holding back on providing timelines of late. Didn’t the above video help? I have the Wiim app running on a fire hd 10 plus as well as an HD 8.
Hi, Thanks for posting the video. I put Google app store on a Fire tablet previously (probably a different method to your vid) and it only worked for a while, I assumed an Amazon update broke the Google appstore I'd installed. I couldn't uninstall it or reinstall it and couldn't update apps I'd installed through it. I ended up resetting the tablet. I've been reluctant to try installing the Google appstore on a Fire tablet since.

WiiM have been holding back on providing timelines of late. Didn’t the above video help? I have the Wiim app running on a fire hd 10 plus as well as an HD 8.
Any idea if it would work on the Kindle fire hd7?

You can download it from the Google Play Store if you have enabled that, plus WiiM have said they will provide a Fire HD compatible version in the future. Just because Amazon sell a device doesn't mean that an app will be available - the manufacturer of the device needs to do that and I'd guess submit it to Amazon for inclusion on their app store.

Edit: here's a good clear video of how to get the Google Play Store installed on your fire HD tablet - you can ignore the latter parts where he's setting up Google Classroom etc

Well, I've got off my fat arse and followed those instructions. :LOL:

The app is now on my Fire tablet. I have a busy afternoon, but I'll give it a pop sometime tomorrow.

Many thanks for the help.

Does the Spotify app on Fire HD work perfectly? Will it be exactly the same as the Spotify app on Android?

I previously returned the FireHD 10 gen11 in 1 week. And now I'm considering buying a tablet just for music playback.

Thank you.

Does the Spotify app on Fire HD work perfectly? Will it be exactly the same as the Spotify app on Android?

I previously returned the FireHD 10 gen11 in 1 week. And now I'm considering buying a tablet just for music playback.

Thank you.

I'm not signed up to a paid Spotify account, but use the free version. I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thank you.
Yeah, Spotify is in the Amazon AppStore so you don’t need to mess about, it just works and finds my WiiM devices, Alexa MRM groups etc no problem.

Yeah, Spotify is in the Amazon AppStore so you don’t need to mess about, it just works and finds my WiiM devices, Alexa MRM groups etc no problem.
Thank you.
Is the Spotify app running slower compared to the your iPad? Or is there little difference?

Thank you.
Is the Spotify app running slower compared to the your iPad? Or is there little difference?
Well, my iPad Pro 9.7 is about 7 years old and no longer getting major iOS updates (I’m stuck on iPadOS 16), while my Fire HD is the latest HD11 Max and I don’t see any difference in performance between them. Spotify has generally performed well on anything I’ve used it on, so speed has never been an issue for me tbh

Well, my iPad Pro 9.7 is about 7 years old and no longer getting major iOS updates (I’m stuck on iPadOS 16), while my Fire HD is the latest HD11 Max and I don’t see any difference in performance between them. Spotify has generally performed well on anything I’ve used it on, so speed has never been an issue for me tbh
Sure, the Fire max 11 is high-performance, but it's annoying that Android tablets are also an option at this price point. In any case, my wallet was emptied by the WiiM amp this month. 🤣💸💸💸

I'll think about for a while.
Thank you. 😉

Back