WiiM Home App User Guide

And here's my first couple of questions...

Are there (screen) differences between the ios and android apps?
What version of the app are these screenshots from?
They aren't the same as my android version, which is apparently up to date!

My honest opinion...?
It's a good first stab, but doesn't really tell you anything more than anyone can glean from just looking at the screens or going into each menu item.

There are certain issues / questions that come up on this forum quite regularly which are related to app settings.
I would think that having a number of appendicies or similar to explain how to solve such issues would be beneficial.
Yes, the answers are probably all on here, scattered in various threads, so make things easy for newcomers.

Some that spring to mind:
How to set up bit perfect.
How to properly set up Amazon uhd streaming (two separate menu settings). Many think that as they don't use Alexa then the Amazon Alexa entry in music services is irrelevant.
When there are differences between using the wiim app vs native app, excluding the obvious limitations you encounter using their APIs - e.g. differences between tidal streaming resolution within app and using tidal ccnnect. (Noting you say a 'fix'for this is in the works.)
Similarly, when there are similarities, such as no reduction in resolution streaming Amazon within app.
MQA! But maybe your forthcoming app update to fix the current confusion will make things obvious again?
Auto input sensing. I'm specifically thinking of the language used, e.g. device must be idle, which means what...?
Standby mode - what does this mean, exactly? That the device goes into an idle state (thus allowing auto input sensing) if no signal on the current input for that duration? i.e. these two settings are related.
Preferred DNS server - you mention that it can be set, but don't explain why or what issues changing this might resolve.

i.e. don't just tell us what's in the menus etc., explain what they do, the impact of changing them, why you might want to change them etc.

Wow, a much longer post than I intended...

My honest opinion...?
It's a good first stab, but doesn't really tell you anything more than anyone can glean from just looking at the screens or going into each menu item.

There are certain issues / questions that come up on this forum quite regularly which are related to app settings.
I would think that having a number of appendicies or similar to explain how to solve such issues would be beneficial.
Yes, the answers are probably all on here, scattered in various threads, so make things easy for newcomers.

Some that spring to mind:
How to set up bit perfect.
How to properly set up Amazon uhd streaming (two separate menu settings). Many think that as they don't use Alexa then the Amazon Alexa entry in music services is irrelevant.
When there are differences between using the wiim app vs native app, excluding the obvious limitations you encounter using their APIs - e.g. differences between tidal streaming resolution within app and using tidal ccnnect. (Noting you say a 'fix'for this is in the works.)
Similarly, when there are similarities, such as no reduction in resolution streaming Amazon within app.
MQA! But maybe your forthcoming app update to fix the current confusion will make things obvious again?
Auto input sensing. I'm specifically thinking of the language used, e.g. device must be idle, which means what...?
Standby mode - what does this mean, exactly? That the device goes into an idle state (thus allowing auto input sensing) if no signal on the current input for that duration? i.e. these two settings are related.
Preferred DNS server - you mention that it can be set, but don't explain why or what issues changing this might resolve.

i.e. don't just tell us what's in the menus etc., explain what they do, the impact of changing them, why you might want to change them etc.

Wow, a much longer post than I intended...
Thanks for the feedback. This is our first iteration of the user manual and we'll explain what you added.

If others have other suggestions please let us know.

We'll also add screenshots of Android as well.

Having just purchased and installed WiiM Pro Plus my feedback is it would be better to have the manuals in a separate app, so that one can toggle between the the manual and app without losing one's place in either one.

Having just purchased and installed WiiM Pro Plus my feedback is it would be better to have the manuals in a separate app, so that one can toggle between the the manual and app without losing one's place in either one.
True - assuming the manuals available on the wiim home website are up to date, then at least the option to simply open that in a browser instead.
Although they are not too hard to find manually (pun intended).
Website; Support; scroll down to Downloads.

Edit - maybe the website ones aren't up to date... there's no specific download for the wiim pro plus, yet there are separate manuals for pro and pro plus within the app.

I wish I thought of your idea a few days ago. A link in the app that launches the pdf in a browser would be great. And an up to date manual is always desirable.

Would like to see screenshots of what UI looks like when accessing local DNLA server.

Outstanding, thank you!

I have LMS running on Windows, so will first try a plugin with it, if not happy with it for some reason will look at some of the others.

Edit - was not aware Wiim Amp had a media server!

I appreciate the Home App User Manual. It would be nice to be able to move the music services up above "Preset". I do not see myself using the preset content feature. Or be able to add a music service into the preset options. Thanks for considering it. Really enjoying the Pro+.

I appreciate the Home App User Manual. It would be nice to be able to move the music services up above "Preset". I do not see myself using the preset content feature. Or be able to add a music service into the preset options. Thanks for considering it. Really enjoying the Pro+.
Wouldn't be nice for me. However, it looks like more flexible use of presets is currently in the works.

Making the order of sections on the browse tab user configurable sounds like a good idea. Not top priority as far as I am concerned, but surely nice to have.

Back