Wiim Pro and Fire Stick

Srogue

Hello, just purchased a Wiim Pro. My current setup involves playing music from an Echo Dot through the 3.5mm output into an amp in a bookshelf, using voice commands. I also have a fire stick connected to a TV close by to the echo dot through which I watch youtube and other Prime videos. The echo dot is set up using the alexa "home theater" grouping and audio from the fire stick is sent to the echo dot and its speakers that are connected via the amp. I purchased the Wiim Pro hoping it had a better DAC than the echo dot and because I wanted to play music/flac from my home NAS. Is there a way to integrate the Wiim Pro into this setup? Currently, I can also watch videos on my android tablet and the audio will "cast" to the echo dot as well. Can I do all of this, while integrating the wiim pro? Has anyone done somethign similar? Never used a Wiim product before so I am about to learn what is possible with it.

Thanks!

Hello, just purchased a Wiim Pro. My current setup involves playing music from an Echo Dot through the 3.5mm output into an amp in a bookshelf, using voice commands.
Yes, the WiiM Pro supports Alexa voice commands for the playback of music and you can use its analogue or digital outputs to feed an amp.

I also have a fire stick connected to a TV close by to the echo dot through which I watch youtube and other Prime videos. The echo dot is set up using the alexa "home theater" grouping and audio from the fire stick is sent to the echo dot and its speakers that are connected via the amp. I purchased the Wiim Pro hoping it had a better DAC than the echo dot and because I wanted to play music/flac from my home NAS. Is there a way to integrate the Wiim Pro into this setup?

Not in the same manner - echo home theater setup has a strict defined set of compatible fire tv/ echo devices as shown here https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GYYMWGZJUK28FEN6
Unfortunately, even although they appear as echo/Alexa devices in the alexa app, WiiM devices can’t be selected when setting up a home theater system.
However, you can take your TV’s audio output (usually optical but sometimes just analogue rca) and feed that directly into the Pro’s optical or analogue inputs without the need for an echo home theater setup. This also has the benefit that all tv audio, not just the fire tv stick’s output, can be fed this way.

Currently, I can also watch videos on my android tablet and the audio will "cast" to the echo dot as well. Can I do all of this, while integrating the wiim pro? Has anyone done somethign similar? Never used a Wiim product before so I am about to learn what is possible with it.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘cast’ here other than using Bluetooth as that (and amazon music AlexaCast) are all that echos support. If it is indeed Bluetooth, then yes the Pro can take Bluetooth input too.

So while not using the exact same methods, the Pro should be able to replace your echo in the situations you describe,

Last edited:
Back