WiiM Pro coax/spdif max resolution issue…

MarioA

Hello everyone.
I’m puzzled… I connected the WiiM pro to my active speakers via digital coax. My speakers are capable of processing 24/192 via coax and 24/96 via optical. But when the WiiM tries 24/192 to via coax it doesn’t work, it works on 24/96 instead. And strangely, optical connection works on 24/192 when it actually shouldn’t because my speakers can only accept 24/96 via optical. It’s confusing and it’s strange. Does any of you experience the same? I’d love your inputs.
Thank you for reading.

It can happen. Spdif ports sometimes fall short of the specification, but sometimes exceed it.

Plus, there are cables (both optical and coax) that under-perform. Try a different 75 ohm coax w/ good connectors.

Last edited:
Ok thank you so much for your replies.
But, isn’t it weird thou that even optical, which is supposed to do max 24/96 because of limitation of my speakers, works with 24/192?

Ok thank you so much for your replies.
But, isn’t it weird thou that even optical, which is supposed to do max 24/96 because of limitation of my speakers, works with 24/192?
It's up to the manufacturer how he declares the specifications, he can be quite conservative. Toslinks are known to be not so easy to reach 192 kHz sometimes.

Hi,
Same problem for me with Coax out connected to active speakers.
Everything works fine for 24/96 files and there is no sound for 24/192 ones.
I use a brand new 75 ohms cable.

Any idea?
Kind regards,
Yann.

Assuming the Pro has been configured for 192 on the coax, either the speakers or the cable must be suspect. My WiiM Pro works fine at 24/192 over coax.

Hi,
Same problem for me with Coax out connected to active speakers.
Everything works fine for 24/96 files and there is no sound for 24/192 ones.
I use a brand new 75 ohms cable.

Any idea?
Kind regards,
Yann.
What speakers?
Do the specs say they support 192khz?

Back