WiiM Pro constantly disconnecting from Ethernet

JSA1971

Hello All,

Approximately once a week my WiiM Pro disconnects from my Ethernet and cannot be found by the Home App. This has happened since new and continues even after the last firmware update which allowed Wifi to be turned off. The only way I can regain use of the Pro is to unplug the power adaptor and plug it back in.

I’ve sent in a trouble ticket and log from the unit for troubleshooting. Is anyone else still experiencing this even after the recent firmware update?

Hello All,

Approximately once a week my WiiM Pro disconnects from my Ethernet and cannot be found by the Home App. This has happened since new and continues even after the last firmware update which allowed Wifi to be turned off. The only way I can regain use of the Pro is to unplug the power adaptor and plug it back in.

I’ve sent in a trouble ticket and log from the unit for troubleshooting. Is anyone else still experiencing this even after the recent firmware update?
It may or may not be related, but when I activated WiFi on my Ethernet-connected Pro and then disconnected the Ethernet cable, it ceased broadcasting Airplay on port 7000, and even a factory reset has not restored that functionality. I haven't tried reconnecting it via Ethernet yet, as I'm waiting on WiiM Support for advice on the Airplay issue.

Hello All,

Hi JSA1971,

There's a bug in Ethernet chip driver that may cause this issue for some router. We have fixed this issue and will release the update late this week. Please stay tuned. Thank you!

Hello All,
Literally 5 days from my post on Tuesday about my Pro losing ethernet connection the WiiM Home App can’t find or see my WiiM Pro yet again.

The Pro is on the latest firmware, and non of my settings have been changed since initially set up. Additionally, as I posted in another thread, I can’t change the name of the WiiM Pro as it’s blanked out.

At this point my only other thought is to restore the unit to new and start from scratch, and see what happens.

Anyone else out there having any of these issues?

Hello All,
Literally 5 days from my post on Tuesday about my Pro losing ethernet connection the WiiM Home App can’t find or see my WiiM Pro yet again.

The Pro is on the latest firmware, and non of my settings have been changed since initially set up. Additionally, as I posted in another thread, I can’t change the name of the WiiM Pro as it’s blanked out.

At this point my only other thought is to restore the unit to new and start from scratch, and see what happens.

Anyone else out there having any of these issues?
I have not had that issue with mine, thank goodness. Since a previous post mentioned some have this issue with specific routers, you may wish to include/post both the specific router name and firmware version. It may help narrow down the root cause.

I have not had that issue with mine, thank goodness. Since a previous post mentioned some have this issue with specific routers, you may wish to include/post both the specific router name and firmware version. It may help narrow down the root cause.
Hi Jd, sounds like a great idea if it helps anyone else. I’ve also sent a ticket out to the WiiM Team along with a system log for troubleshooting.

WiiM Pro Firmware - 4.8.504937
Internet Provider is Rogers (Ontario, Canada)
Internet/Lan Switch - TP Link Gigabit TL-SG105 (required because Internet Router only has 2 Ports)

All other services and devices on my home Lan or Wifi have absolutely zero connectivity issues. WiiM Home App has Wifi turned off.

As of my last post I went ahead and Factory Reset the Pro for the sake of troubleshooting, and went through the setup process again. Worthy of mention is that the SSID setting (Rename) is available again, and when using Airplay the Home App now shows the artwork from the song that is being played from Apple Music which the app did not do before.

I will continue to monitor the Pro behaviour and any Home App changes.

Attachments

• 8CAF9837-A4A3-4858-A1D5-F88CBF8BBB80.png
    8CAF9837-A4A3-4858-A1D5-F88CBF8BBB80.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 67C4941B-66F9-488F-B1C8-8968BFF801D6.jpeg
    67C4941B-66F9-488F-B1C8-8968BFF801D6.jpeg
    729.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi Jd, sounds like a great idea if it helps anyone else. I’ve also sent a ticket out to the WiiM Team along with a system log for troubleshooting.

WiiM Pro Firmware - 4.8.504937
Internet Provider is Rogers (Ontario, Canada)
Internet/Lan Switch - TP Link Gigabit TL-SG105 (required because Internet Router only has 2 Ports)

All other services and devices on my home Lan or Wifi have absolutely zero connectivity issues. WiiM Home App has Wifi turned off.

As of my last post I went ahead and Factory Reset the Pro for the sake of troubleshooting, and went through the setup process again. Worthy of mention is that the SSID setting (Rename) is available again, and when using Airplay the Home App now shows the artwork from the song that is being played from Apple Music which the app did not do before.

I will continue to monitor the Pro behaviour and any Home App changes.
Thank you, JSA1971. The information is super helpful and I'll pass it to our Eng. team for further troubleshooting. I believe the factory resetting will make a difference. From what you described, it seems that the device has some incorrect configuration parameter that can be reset by the factory setting. Let's see if it actually helps.

Hello Again, it has now been less than a week since my last report that my Pro has become disconnected from the Home App and cannot be reconnected unless I unplug the unit and power it on manually. I’m beginning to wonder if I just have a bad unit?

I have followed all suggestions including restoring the unit to factory settings. The unit has the latest firmware, and I have even assigned the unit a reserved IP Address on my router. I also have the unit set to never go
Into standby.

I do believe that this product has excellent potential, with excellent features when it’s working correctly.

The support staff has also been excellent in responding to not only myself, but to others on the Forum, and is very engaged and enthusiastic about providing help.

If WiiM Support could help me get this sorted out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• D779D246-7013-4BE4-8148-2D38107EE82C.png
    D779D246-7013-4BE4-8148-2D38107EE82C.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • CDA26E0E-695F-40D5-8003-19225054D6B8.png
    CDA26E0E-695F-40D5-8003-19225054D6B8.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Hello Again, it has now been less than a week since my last report that my Pro has become disconnected from the Home App and cannot be reconnected unless I unplug the unit and power it on manually. I’m beginning to wonder if I just have a bad unit?

I have followed all suggestions including restoring the unit to factory settings. The unit has the latest firmware, and I have even assigned the unit a reserved IP Address on my router. I also have the unit set to never go
Into standby.

I do believe that this product has excellent potential, with excellent features when it’s working correctly.

The support staff has also been excellent in responding to not only myself, but to others on the Forum, and is very engaged and enthusiastic about providing help.

If WiiM Support could help me get this sorted out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Submit another ticket referencing the first

Hello All, the WiiM Pro has lost Ethernet connection again. Since my last post on Jan 27 I’ve sent another 4 trouble tickets and continue to lose connection. At this stage it is imperatively clear that the unit is defective and I have politely asked for it to be replaced as was suggested by support numerous tickets earlier.

I believe the Pro can be a good product and has great potential, but this constant failure is no longer acceptable. If WiiM is not willing to exchange the unit then I will be retuning it for a full refund and not purchasing another unit, pro or mini.

I simply refuse to go through the same chore every two days of unplugging and rebooting the unit, or trying to regain Wifi access to try and send log reports especially when the procedure to reset the wifi access simply does not work. I have been amicable, and have done my part and more than my share in trying to help correct the problem.

I have sent 8 tickets including another one today regarding the issue, with approximately 20 exchanges in conversation. The WiiM Support Team has appeared eager to help and have issued multiple whitelist firmware patches to try and correct the issue to no avail.

I am glad others seem to be pleased with their units, but it has simply not been the case for me.

Hello All, the WiiM Pro has lost Ethernet connection again. Since my last post on Jan 27 I’ve sent another 4 trouble tickets and continue to lose connection. At this stage it is imperatively clear that the unit is defective and I have politely asked for it to be replaced as was suggested by support numerous tickets earlier.

I believe the Pro can be a good product and has great potential, but this constant failure is no longer acceptable. If WiiM is not willing to exchange the unit then I will be retuning it for a full refund and not purchasing another unit, pro or mini.

I simply refuse to go through the same chore every two days of unplugging and rebooting the unit, or trying to regain Wifi access to try and send log reports especially when the procedure to reset the wifi access simply does not work. I have been amicable, and have done my part and more than my share in trying to help correct the problem.

I have sent 8 tickets including another one today regarding the issue, with approximately 20 exchanges in conversation. The WiiM Support Team has appeared eager to help and have issued multiple whitelist firmware patches to try and correct the issue to no avail.

I am glad others seem to be pleased with their units, but it has simply not been the case for me.
Hi JSA1971,

Thank you for your support and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send me your ticket number so I make sure it's properly handled? Please be assured if we can't resolve your issue, we'll give you full refund. Thank you!

Hi JSA1971,

Thank you for your support and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please send me your ticket number so I make sure it's properly handled? Please be assured if we can't resolve your issue, we'll give you full refund. Thank you!
Hello,

The most recent tickets are:

Thank You

Hi VCWiiM,

Got it. Thank you!
8310. - log of Ethernet cable disconnected and reconnected a few times. Network remained on WIFI

After submitting that ticket my next test was Power cycling the Wiim pro. It now now correctly shows Ethernet as a source.

Ideally if the Ethernet cable is plugged in then it is detected by default. Good luck with the logs.

Thanks.

Back