WiiM Pro constantly disconnecting from Ethernet

Hi Jd, sounds like a great idea if it helps anyone else. I’ve also sent a ticket out to the WiiM Team along with a system log for troubleshooting.

WiiM Pro Firmware - 4.8.504937
Internet Provider is Rogers (Ontario, Canada)
Internet/Lan Switch - TP Link Gigabit TL-SG105 (required because Internet Router only has 2 Ports)

All other services and devices on my home Lan or Wifi have absolutely zero connectivity issues. WiiM Home App has Wifi turned off.

As of my last post I went ahead and Factory Reset the Pro for the sake of troubleshooting, and went through the setup process again. Worthy of mention is that the SSID setting (Rename) is available again, and when using Airplay the Home App now shows the artwork from the song that is being played from Apple Music which the app did not do before.

I will continue to monitor the Pro behaviour and any Home App changes.
Ive had only but troubles with tp link products. Go for asus or other good quality products.

Ive had only but troubles with tp link products. Go for asus or other good quality products.
I suppose everyone’s experiences are different. But I’ve not had one problem with any wired device attached to either of the two tplink switches I have. Nor have I had any issues in the past with tplink wireless routers. They’ve provided years of trouble free service. D-link on the other hand (for me) have been quite problematic.

I dont want to listen about d-link after they shut down the servers for home sensors I have.

This probably reason wiim hardly get any update unlike before every 2 weeks. It fix something and break something.

Not specifically WiiM related but I recently had ongoing issues of loss of connectivity and incredibly slow network transfer speeds which sometimes re-booting everything helped and then after a while even that stopped working.
I borrowed a neighbours cable tester and it turned out it was a Flat - Cat 6 cable (flat rather than round to run under carpet), replaced it with a standard Cat 5e and the problem disappeared.
I then had a seperate issue with DVR and Android TV Box, both coming off the same switch. Again there as a flat cat 6 running between that and the previous switch on the network, replaced it with another standard Cat 5e and what was an every 3 day ocurring issue hasn't happened for 4+ months now.
If anyone having issues hasn't already done so worth at least swapping out your cables as up until then I was under the impression they'd either work or not work rather than being intermittent.

Last edited:
Has the latest firmware fixed it? I’ve been running wifi for a week now with no problem. Maybe I’ll try Ethernet again.

Now the app not letting turn off wifi. I turn it off, go out and back in network settings and the wifi is again on. Annoying
Stupid question - I know - tried a new cable?
(First rule in Microsoft certification “check the cable” 😂)

Stupid question - I know - tried a new cable?
(First rule in Microsoft certification “check the cable” 😂)
Yes installed 1 week ago a new lan cabel, again reset device, then there was a software/firmware update.. a now 1 week no disconnect :alien:

My WiiM Pro, connected by ethernet cable, exhibits this same behavior of disconnecting from the network after a few days of inactivity. Eero Pro 6 router, Trendnet TEG-S24g switch. Swapped cable for new, WiiM Pro was disconnected again after a couple days of not using it. Standby mode is set to Never.

Firmware currently reported: 4.8.509547 build date 20230302

Last edited:
Mine disconnected again also. Was fine on WiFi. Not fine on Ethernet. Although this time lasted about a week. Still buggy.

Thought you were still waiting to get yours in Blighty.
Or is today day one? :)
I’ve had a pre release unit to test since the end of Nov’22 but given I’ve been advocating its use/purchase since then on several UK forums, I’ve actively been pushing for its actual availability here :)

I too have this issue. About once a week I wake up to my Wiim Pro disconnected. Unplugging and replugging in the power cable brings it back online. This only occurs overnight and never during the day. Would love to have this sorted out.

Back