WiiM Pro Initial Setup

Plugging in a cable and pulling an IP automatically turns off Wi-Fi. Input label says Wi-Fi no matter what connection is active.
Correct. I sent a ticket asking about this about a week ago. That was a few days after I received my wiim pro and was not sure how to disable wifi. Wiim support said that when ethernet cable is plugged in the wifi shuts off

Redundant? No, that's not the right word at all. I can only conclude you don't know anywhere near enough about the product to be hassling me over my questions. Let it be, and maybe others have the correct information.
I think I understand what you are asking. The initial setup uses bluetooth to kind of sync your phone or iPad to the wiim pro to facilitate setup. After setup is complete you don't need to use bluetooth on your phone or iPad again. Now, what some other people are mentioning is that you can select bluetooth as an input. I believe right now you are using wifi as the input if I'm not mistaken. Additionally there is an unbalanced rca input as well as toslink. The choice is yours, but only one at a time. But you do not need to have bluetooth running on your app device any more, unless you want to stream music over bluetooth. But that could come in handy for a guest maybe. I hope this helps.

Heute habe ich meinen Pro erhalten. Installation in 10 Minuten erledigt. Verwendet wir zum Streamen von Amazon Music. Ausgang ist über den internen DAC per Cinch. Hier mein erster Kritikpunkt. Externes Kabel mit etwas größerer Steckerummantelung passt nicht. Die Anschlussbuchse des Pro ist dafür zu klein. Da hat der Entwickler nicht mitgedacht. Also, erst Steckerisolation abschneiden!!
Erster musikalischer Eindruck, Klasse. Ob da ein besserer externer DAC noch mehr bringt? Ich bezweifle es ernsthaft.
So, und jetzt wird weiter probiert.
Ich bin vorerst sehr glücklich.

Got my pro yesterday. Very happy.
Setup Wiim Pro => Coax =>Topping DX3pro => Purifi Eigentakt => Doppel 7 (diy)

Last edited:
Back