Wiim Pro+ Latency Test at initial setup

WILC-O'S

Hi all, New Wiim owner here, and new-ish to the world of streaming hi-res audio. My question is related to the Latency Test at the set-up phase. The "quick start" guide tells me to plug my speakers banana plugs into the Wiim Pro Plus... I figured that isn't correct? I proceeded with my setup with my Wiim Pro Plus connected via RCA to my amp, and my speakers connected to my amp. During the Latency Test I heard a small noise for about 1 second and that was all. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to re-check the latency now that I'm all set up, or do I need to do a factory reset and start again?
Also, I'm using an ethernet connection to my Wiim, so maybe latency isn't a pertinent problem?? (excuse my lack of technical knowledge, I come from a vinyl / analogue world!)
Any help appreciated!

Do you mean the sync test? I didn’t bother doing that as I had no other WiiM device to sync to. And I guess you may have read the WiiM Amp setup guide as the Pro Plus doesn’t have speaker connections.

Sounds as if you’re all set tbh :)

Do you mean the sync test? I didn’t bother doing that as I had no other WiiM device to sync to. And I guess you may have read the WiiM Amp setup guide as the Pro Plus doesn’t have speaker connections.

Sounds as if you’re all set tbh :)
I'm now not sure! It was in the set-up phase using the Wiim App for my Pro+, which indicated to connect speaker banana plugs to the Wiim, ensuring the speakers were as near as possible to the Wiim, then a sound test for about 30seconds would play. I heard a 1 second noise then nothing.... Is that the Latency Test or am I confusing myself with the incorrect terminology (highly probable). Regardless of terminology I expected more test sound for longer! Perhaps this is indeed a Wiim Amp thing?!

I'm now not sure! It was in the set-up phase using the Wiim App for my Pro+, which indicated to connect speaker banana plugs to the Wiim, ensuring the speakers were as near as possible to the Wiim, then a sound test for about 30seconds would play. I heard a 1 second noise then nothing.... Is that the Latency Test or am I confusing myself with the incorrect terminology (highly probable). Regardless of terminology I expected more test sound for longer! Perhaps this is indeed a Wiim Amp thing?!
There is an optional sync test during setup that helps determine whether other WiiM devices you might have will play in sync if you were to group them. As I say, even though I do have several WiiM devices I’ve never bothered doing that test as I seldom group my devices, and even if I did, they’re in different rooms so I wouldn’t be able to determine whether one was exactly in sync with another as they wouldn’t be within earshot of more than one at any one time.

I honestly wouldn’t worry about it, it sounds as if you’ve set the device up anyway. Just play some music and enjoy it :)

There is an optional sync test during setup that helps determine whether other WiiM devices you might have will play in sync if you were to group them. As I say, even though I do have several WiiM devices I’ve never bothered doing that test as I seldom group my devices, and even if I did, they’re in different rooms so I wouldn’t be able to determine whether one was exactly in sync with another as they wouldn’t be within earshot of more than one at any one time.

I honestly wouldn’t worry about it, it sounds as if you’ve set the device up anyway. Just play some music and enjoy it :)
Thanks @Brantome . I'm playing plenty of music through it and enjoying it far more than I thought I would - I'll keep my OCD in check and carry on as I am 😁

Back