WiiM Pro not receiving audio from Airplay 2

jpinkerton

I've had the WiiM Pro for about a month with it working perfectly until today. I cannot get audio from an airplay 2 source (e.g., my iphone) to play over my speakers through the WiiM. I have tried Spotify and iHeartRadio apps with no success; however, when I play a test signal from the WiiM app I can hear the audio. I tried my iphone and a separate ipad with the same result. I unplugged the WiiM and I also rebooted from the app. The WiiM is connected to my 5ghz wifi with 'very good' signal strength. I have the wi-fi roaming option turned off since I use a mesh network and the WiiM is next to one of the nodes. I also have the IPv6 option enabled. I'm using the line out signal and tried two different amps and speakers. I have app version 2.4.

I have not changed anything since I got the WiiM so I'm not sure what would cause the sudden disruption. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Test signal is for digital optical / coax out, right? But you're using analog line (aux) out?
In the device / audio settings menu, what's set for aux out level? Maybe it's got set low so the signal is too weak?
What's set for audio output? Just checking it is aux out!
Do you have any local music on your iphone that you can play from the wiim app? i.e. browse, my library, my music.

Test signal is for digital optical / coax out, right? But you're using analog line (aux) out?
In the device / audio settings menu, what's set for aux out level? Maybe it's got set low so the signal is too weak?
What's set for audio output? Just checking it is aux out!
Do you have any local music on your iphone that you can play from the wiim app? i.e. browse, my library, my music.
Yes the test signal was accessed through the optical out settings but I only have the six out connected. I've never connected any other wires or Bluetooth. The line out level is set to 2 Vrms. I don't have any local music to test.

Also forgot to mention that I tested airplay to my AVR and it worked so seems to be specific to the WiiM.

Can you get anything to play from within the wiim app?
What about playing something via the wiim's line in?
How about if you try to use the optical or coax out?

It wasn't clear to me in your original post whether your spotify test was spotify connect to the wiim, or spotify on your phone trying to cast to wiim via airplay. Ditto for iheartradio.

I note you said you already unplugged the wiim, but for how long?
Sometimes, with some equipment, unplugging for a minute or so can help.
Something to do with letting capacitors fully discharge???

You also mentioned a reboot, but how about a factory reset?

Sounds like you maybe need to go through a set of methodical tests to see what works and what doesn't.
i.e. to show that you can get sound out of the wiim (other than the test tone) from somewhere.

Thank you for all the suggestions. The factory reset has worked! I didn't realize there was a separate reset from the "reboot" so I didn't even think about that. Thank you all!

Back