WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
I understand that I am doing something wrong. I just can’t launch Deezer via Wiim Home. On the phone, Deezer is launched separately through your Google account. And on Wiim Home it asks you to enter your username and password. I enter my Google username and password but it gives me an error??? Although Deezer works separately without Wiim Home for this account?!
Wiim needs the direct username/password for deezer, not your google details.
Try logging on to deezer on their website, and resetting your deezer password from there.

If you have enabled chromecast from within the wiim app (Devices screen, press the 'cog' button to get to device settings, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to the Chromecast audio menu) then you should see the wiim, as a chromecast device, when you are in the deezer app.
You may also need to open the google home app and put the (chromecast) wiim into a room before it'll appear in deezer.

Otherwise, I think you need to find out what your direct username / password to deezer are, not your google login details, and put those into the wiim app when you choose deezer in there.
I understand that I am doing something wrong. I just can’t launch Deezer via Wiim Home. On the phone, Deezer is launched separately through your Google account. And on Wiim Home it asks you to enter your username and password. I enter my Google username and password but it gives me an error??? Although Deezer works separately without Wiim Home for this account?!

Wiim needs the direct username/password for deezer, not your google details.
Try logging on to deezer on their website, and resetting your deezer password from there.
I'm starting to understand. That Spotify and Deezer are different things. I thought they worked the same. But why can't I sign into Deezer from Wiim Home using my Google Account? What's at the bottom of the window?thank you. I will try.

When you log in to deezer (or tidal or whatever, many other apps allow such 'secondary' logins) using your google ID (or apple ID) then you are effectively authenticating yourself to deezer via google. i.e. deezer trusts google, and google trusts you.

However, the wiim app needs to authenticate itself to deezer so that it can log on as you, and to do that it needs your actual deezer account details.
This would be the email address that you used to sign up to deezer, and your deezer password.
If you don't know the deezer password then log on to deezer on their website, enter your email address and reset your password from there.

However, if you have enabled chromecast on your wiim and put the wiim into a room in google home then you ought to be able to open the deezer app directly (not via the wiim app) and choose the wiim as a cast device.

However, if you have enabled chromecast on your wiim and put the wiim into a room in google home then you ought to be able to open the deezer app directly (not via the wiim app) and choose the wiim as a cast device.
This helped. Happened. Thanks a lot.It turned out to be very simple. I was very stupid . I'm confused by how Spotify works. I thought Deezer works the same way.Thank you for your great patience.

Last edited:
This helped. Happened. Thanks a lot.It turned out to be very simple. I was very stupid . I'm confused by how Spotify works. I thought Deezer works the same way.Thank you for your great patience.
No worries.
The only drawback (well, a reasonably major one to some, irrelevant to others) with chromecast is that you won't get gapless playback.
But I'm glad @Wiimer gave you the will to keep on fighting!
Just don't pay attention to his music suggestions...

No worries.
The only drawback (well, a reasonably major one to some, irrelevant to others) with chromecast is that you won't get gapless playback.
But I'm glad @Wiimer gave you the will to keep on fighting!
Just don't pay attention to his music suggestions...

It's frustrating, but you're good at making me laugh. 😂

Given your contribution here, someone (other than me) may need to gently put a new tablet at your bedside. 😉

It's frustrating, but you're good at making me laugh. 😂

Given your contribution here, someone (other than me) may need to gently put a new tablet at your bedside. 😉
One with a recent version of Android so I can use PEQ, or an Ebeneezer?

Back