Wiim Pro Release Notes

Please create an updated Wiim Pro Release Notes, currently on the WiiM Support page there are only Release notes for the Mini, but not the Pro.

Using the Release Notes selection in the device's Settings menu shows release notes only through 4.8.438466, however my unit is now on 4.8.503588 with a January 4th Build Date, but there are no Release Notes for that firmware version.

It’s not unusual for the release notes to lag a few days after the release as the release itself it’s rolled out across the user base in batches.

It’s not unusual for the release notes to lag a few days after the release as the release itself it’s rolled out across the user base in batches.
Understood, I was more hoping there would be Release Notes for the Pro posted to the WiiM website similar to what is there for the Mini, including the roadmap etc...

There are such sections for Pro already:

This is the first time I see both pro and mini on same firmware version 3558.

There are such sections for Pro already:

Got it, but that information should not be so tough to find. The post I made was about the Support tab on the WiiM website. There the Release Notes are still only for the Mini, and the Release Notes for the Pro that are generated in the WiiM Home app as of my Jan. 7 OP were not updated despite that release having occurred on Jan. 4th.

The links to the Fresh Desk Help Center are not prominent, nor do you actually see the Release Notes until clicking into the Knowledge Base, none of which is required to see the Release Notes for the Mini. Sorry for my confusion there, I just didn't see where those Pro Release Notes were buried.

In the WiiM app, settings/Release Notes…

View attachment 214
Yes but as stated in the OP, that is still only updated in the app through 12/12 or firmware version 4.8.438466 which it is calling "Latest", which is inaccurate.

All I'm saying here is that this information is easily found on the WiiM Mini, but not so much on the Pro. That needs to be aligned, unless of course the two devices will now share the same firmware update schedule/versions, in which case WiiM can just use one set of Release Notes moving forward.

Hello,
I have just ordered a Wiim Pro, and would like to confirm the availability of parametric EQ? It is listed as a feature on the product page, but no where else, and I am unable to browse the app features without the physical hardware connected. After a bit of poking around, I found the PEQ appears to be listed on a roadmap for Jan 31 update, but latest release appears to be Jan 18, so possibly the update is expected any day now?

This device is replacing an old Chromecast audio, I hope I don't feel like a beta tester when it arrives. I am very excited to use PEQ in conjuction with REW to apply some room EQ, it will be much more useful for this application than a basic 10 band graphic EQ.

Hello,
I have just ordered a Wiim Pro, and would like to confirm the availability of parametric EQ? It is listed as a feature on the product page, but no where else, and I am unable to browse the app features without the physical hardware connected. After a bit of poking around, I found the PEQ appears to be listed on a roadmap for Jan 31 update, but latest release appears to be Jan 18, so possibly the update is expected any day now?

This device is replacing an old Chromecast audio, I hope I don't feel like a beta tester when it arrives. I am very excited to use PEQ in conjuction with REW to apply some room EQ, it will be much more useful for this application than a basic 10 band graphic EQ.
Last I heard was PEQ been delayed till around the end of this month. There will be an update sometime in the next few days. Not sure if it included the PEQ or if that will come in a future update.

Thanks, I guess I will have to be patient on the advertised product features..

If anyone from Wiim is listening, it really needs separate EQ adjustment for each left and right channels individually if that functionality isn't already there.

Back