WiiM pro + Vintage McIntosh, Schiit, Klipsch

frodaddi

Just received my WiiM Pro! Using with vintage McIntosh along with Schiit DAC and Klipsch. Previously had an Amazon Echo Link which never really satisfied me for various reasons. Liking the WiiM much better!

McIntosh MX-117, MC2125, CR-7
Schiit Modi+
Klipsch RF-7II

Also Dynaco ST-70, VPI Scout Jr

IMG_4413.jpeg

@frodaddi
Looks great! Which version of the ST-70? My last knowledge is a 3?
And anything special with the EL-34? NOS or so?

@frodaddi
Looks great! Which version of the ST-70? My last knowledge is a 3?
And anything special with the EL-34? NOS or so?

Actually it’s a modern reproduction from Bob Latino / tubes4hifi / VTA. It was built by a buddy of mine using Electro Harmonix 6550 tubes on the outputs and Mullard AX7 inputs. He decided he didn’t like the push-pull design and built himself a SET setup and made me a great deal on the ST70 :)

I have an amp switcher so I can use either the ST70 or the Mc with the same preamp and speakers. TBH I use the Mc more often just because it’s simpler, no tube warmup etc.

Lost myself on this tubes4 website. Thanks heaven they are far away. I was divorced from tube stuff years ago. But still sometimes dreamin'....

Just received my WiiM Pro! Using with vintage McIntosh along with Schiit DAC and Klipsch. Previously had an Amazon Echo Link which never really satisfied me for various reasons. Liking the WiiM much better!

McIntosh MX-117, MC2125, CR-7
Schiit Modi+
Klipsch RF-7II

Also Dynaco ST-70, VPI Scout Jr

View attachment 1291
Cool stuff ! I'm using Quicksilvers Mid monos and Conrad Johnson PV 12 in my setup!

Back