WiiM Viewer Chrome Extension

cc_rider

Major Contributor
A very simple Chrome Extension for your WiiM.

wiimview.zip is for the Chrome browser under any desktop OS.

wiimview-kiwi.zip is for the Kiwi browser on an Android TV set top box, and will resize to fit any size screen.

wiim-allmusic-deezer.zip is a chrome extension for allmusic.com, which adds a clickable button to search Deezer for the album currently on the allmusic.com page. Clicking on the displayed Deezer album will play it on your WiiM device.

Attachments

• wiimview.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 131
  • wiimview-kiwi.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 34
  • wiim-allmusic-deezer.zip
    32.1 KB · Views: 6
  • wiim-deezer.zip
    39 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Unzip to your drive.
Navigate in Chrome to chrome://extensions/
Turn on Developer Mode
Click on Load Unpacked, select the unzipped directory to install
Pin it to make it always available while browsing.

"overflow: hidden" in the popup seems to look better for me. There is a horizontal scrollbar with "auto".

"overflow: hidden" in the popup seems to look better for me. There is a horizontal scrollbar with "auto".
Thanks, I updated the .zip attachment above. Also it was failing to fetch sometimes, so added a second fetch on error, which appears to have fixed that issue.

Anyone who is a UX expert, please feel free to add some CSS to prettify the display. @WiiM Team, feel free to take this over, add features, publish to the Chrome store...

Thanks, I updated the .zip attachment above. Also it was failing to fetch sometimes, so added a second fetch on error, which appears to have fixed that issue.

Anyone who is a UX expert, please feel free to add some CSS to prettify the display. @WiiM Team, feel free to take this over, add features, publish to the Chrome store...
There is an undefined getSonosName() function in options.js.

Search won't work. Make sure you've turned on Developer Mode, then click on Load Unpacked. Go to the directory where you unzipped the above .zip file.
1676589529203.png

Not sure if it's possible but it would be great if you could control/select music from the extension

Not sure if it's possible but it would be great if you could control/select music from the extension
It’s based on a GitHub project that allowed streaming directly from SoundCloud to Sonos via UPnP (which no longer appears to work), so anything’s possible. Feel free to have a go.

Is it possible to use it on android version of Chrome?
Like open it in a new page and have it fullscreen...

Is it possible to use it on android version of Chrome?
Like open it in a new page and have it fullscreen...
I don't think Chrome supports extensions on Android.

It does work fine on my Lenovo ChromeOS 10" tablet in Landscape. In Portrait, it shows the left part, with a slider to show the rest; not ideal in Portrait.

1676846318216.png

Back