WiiM Wake-Up Light Beta Test Users

We're getting ready to launch another WiiM product - WiiM Wake-up Light. It's an all-in-one device - an alarm clock, sound machine, sunrise/sunset light, and a smart speaker with streaming content. If that piques your interest, please read on. 😊

We're looking for Beta Test Users located in the US. Please complete the form below if you're interested in beta testing our WiiM Wake-up Light by testing the features and reporting issues/bugs. We will only be selecting 10 users. Once selected, we will email you directly with more info.

Sign-up form

For those selected, we ask you to keep information about the product to yourself as we iron out the bugs and issues.

Regarding the official launch date, we're looking at June on Amazon.com (US) market.

Thanks!
WiiM

Last edited:
It's multi-featured but some features are it's an alarm clock with LED lights that can help you wake up in the morning and has a speaker too to play music. We'll add more details in the original post.

What is a wake up light ? Like a alarm clock?
A bit longer version - WiiM Wake-up Light is an all-in-one device that combines an Alexa built-in smart speaker, sunrise alarm clock, bedside reading and night light, and more features into one easy-to-use bedside device. It's your perfect bedside companion that helps you sleep better and wake up refreshed. It has round shape and is easily put on the nightstand.

1683787534297.png

My initial suggestion after reading the features was to add a built-in wireless charger, but it seems rather difficult with the form factor :)

My initial suggestion after reading the features was to add a built-in wireless charger, but it seems rather difficult with the form factor :)
Hi Pieterv1,

Thank you for your suggestion.

One of the product goals is to encourage you to put your smartphone away from the bedroom. So, we don't consider the wireless charger for this product. However, users will prefer to have a wireless charger if they bring the phone to the bedroom.

I hope you know what you are doing, because I have no idea how such a product can help to establish the position of an HQ audio equipment manufacturer. I've already seen some ironic comments about this on the internet.

I am interested in (nearly) every new idea. Although i think they will face strong competition with such an item.
And and but the more they earn with such a gimmick, the more can they spend on research and development for the WiiM or successors 😉 Hopefully the did their homework and their market research.
So, even if I will not be part of the target group I cross fingers and wish best luck.

Guess it depends on price too - many people have echo shows in the bedroom for this type of feature, turning their lights on slowly and waking them to their preferred music. It also looks similar to the Philips Smartsleep device ( https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/HF3519_01/smartsleep-wake-up-light ) which retails at around £150, although I don’t see WiiM asking that sort of price.

I hope you know what you are doing, because I have no idea how such a product can help to establish the position of an HQ audio equipment manufacturer. I've already seen some ironic comments about this on the internet.
Hi Onlyoneme,

Thanks for your comments. Please be assured that we always remember our roots in audio. We'll have multiple audio products to be released for this year. In addition, we'll keep the App and firmware update pace (i.e., two to three weeks) to keep improving our products.

The wake-up light may not be a good fit for our current community. Sorry for that!

Hi Onlyoneme,

Thanks for your comments. Please be assured that we always remember our roots in audio. We'll have multiple audio products to be released for this year. In addition, we'll keep the App and firmware update pace (i.e., two to three weeks) to keep improving our products.

The wake-up light may not be a good fit for our current community. Sorry for that!
Can you give us some information regarding the audio product if it’s a streamer like wiim pro with more connectivity like usb and sub out? Thanks!

Hi Smartplug, Team

It's a streamer with a better ADC and DAC. We've achieved the following audio performance for the line out so you can save the external DAC (hopefully).

The following performance numbers are for the sample rates from 44.1k to 192k:

SNR/DNR: >120dB
THD+N: > 107dB (<0.00045%)
FR curve: <=±0.1dB

Does this product make sense to you? I look forward to hearing your feedback.

is this the theoretical data of the dac chip?
or the factual measurements on bench at the output of your device?
in A-weighted measurements or not?

(ps your 44-192k may have little meaning given the data you then provide without further details)
(ps bis
examples
modests dac not expensive

etc

)

Last edited:
Hi Smartplug, Team

It's a streamer with a better ADC and DAC. We've achieved the following audio performance for the line out so you can save the external DAC (hopefully).

Tricky one...

From what I've seen here, it seems there are likely two types of dac customer. (i.e. I'm ignoring the adc improvements you mention in my comments.)
Those that will use an external dac regardless. Maybe they are just more vocal, but that seems to be the majority of users.
Those that will use it as it (analog out), because it's uncomplicated, regardless of the dac specs.
I'm in both camps - external dac in main systems,, analog out for casual / background music. In the latter case, a 'better' dac doesn't mean much to me - the mini output is adequate for this scenario.
Usb out still seems to be high on many people's wish list, esp as some dacs have that as their sole input.
Some people also get very hung up on the dac chip itself - I note you've not specified what this is :)

It is already so many gear around me.....so sharing more or less the stance of @Mr Ee and as a egoistic person I would be fine with the
- USB out (another DACs for me is not vital, ask my wife)
and the chance to link a non-USB
- Power Supply.
That's it.
It will not bring the price in an remarkable higher region of the numerous competition around. Can stay budget. HighEnd (whatever that means) for high price exists with answers to all questions. Even those nobody asks for.

I do not understand the purpose of expectations lists of hopes etc of each other..
if the device is scheduled for soon.. it is already in the certification phase.. and therefore finalized...

They ask for suggestions. So they get them.
No need for education in economics 😉

Hi Smartplug, Team

Superb Sinad is not the only reason to choose an external DAC. In fact, the unfortunate trend is to provide products that measure exceptionally and do not even have the most basic DSP features. Such as the DMP-A6.

I think like you about a "sinad at 1k "

but in the state the mini and pro are just output below measures adapted just to a 44 / 16 bits ... 🥺
we can hope a little better...

the dsp aspect .. it will already be necessary in the state that the eq mode must less .... debatable ..🤨

and the "wiim pro" will seem already in the state to be able to manage pec modes.. according to wiim...
so not necessarily a new product the main thing on this point
;-)

Last edited:
Back