WiiM Wake-Up Light Beta Test Users

We're getting ready to launch another WiiM product - WiiM Wake-up Light. It's an all-in-one device - an alarm clock, sound machine, sunrise/sunset light, and a smart speaker with streaming content. If that piques your interest, please read on. 😊

We're looking for Beta Test Users located in the US. Please complete the form below if you're interested in beta testing our WiiM Wake-up Light by testing the features and reporting issues/bugs. We will only be selecting 10 users. Once selected, we will email you directly with more info.

Sign-up form

For those selected, we ask you to keep information about the product to yourself as we iron out the bugs and issues.

Regarding the official launch date, we're looking at June on Amazon.com (US) market.

Thanks!
WiiM

Last edited:
Another vote for no dac and usb c output. there’s a large amount of great sounding DAC stick with the streaming aspect performance.

There‘s already both the mini and pro with dac for those that need a dac. Drop the dac and focus on a pure streamer imho.

it's funny how you focused on this story of dac..
there are many people who will use it and do not want to add a cable box, or even double or triple the price of what is in the first place a "complete" cheap streamer..
just that not this passionate work that frequents the forums ;-)

you give the impression that removing it will make you get more for your money without it...while it won't technically raise anything...

Certainly only has a few tens of euros on the final price...see really less...

the days when your chinoix dac at a bargain price will be out of order.. maybe you will be
glad to have this function in troubleshooting...
;-))
a version without .. would be silly...
wiim has no interest in doing that...
you will buy it "with".., but some people, no, if not present..

Last edited:
No dac would reduce the cost.
Yes, so could be around 250 €.
For example, the price of Topping M50, one-piece metal body, display, etc. was €249.
I say was because at the moment it seems unavailable. I don't know if it's because it's discontinued or out of stock.

Last edited:
@canard
Good points. I do not know how the inhouse DAC of the WiiMs is switched. Is it completely out of the signal path if coax or optical is used? Has to be, or? If so let it be 😉

it's funny how you focused on this story of dac..
there are many people who will use it and do not want to add a cable box, or even double or triple the price of what is in the first place a "complete" cheap streamer..
just that not this passionate work that frequents the forums ;-)

you give the impression that removing it will make you get more for your money without it...while it won't technically raise anything...

Certainly only has a few tens of euros on the final price...see really less...

the days when your chinoix dac at a bargain price will be out of order.. maybe you will be
glad to have this function in troubleshooting...
;-))
a version without .. would be silly...
wiim has no interest in doing that...
you will buy it "with".., but some people, no, if not present..
Hi @canard
I agree with you, but only partially. Yes, a DAC chip may actually cost a few tens of €/$ on the wholesale market, but when it arrives on the retail market the price is multiplied. Added value and so on.
What if my DAC fails? Well, I have 3 more in a drawer and I'm about to buy the 4th.
Just in case I take out another one and plug it in. 😉

I have so many dac so wiim with no internal is plus to most users. All connections from pro plus usb, sub out with adjustable crossover and room correction would be my end game.

Even if the new product measure well, I’m pretty sure we all have our owned preferred dac so to us built in dac is not important. I wish they release new streamer first than wake up light.

Even if the new product measure well, I’m pretty sure we all have our owned preferred dac so to us built in dac is not important. I wish they release new streamer first than wake up light.
@Smartplug
Would be nice, but........i strongly doubt about that. It seems that the wake up lamp is almost ready. 😖

This is the first forum I entered since a couple of years. Because I found the WiiM conceptually so interesting. Good performance for smallest money. And I still think so.
Coming from the analog world vinyl will survive as my "highest possible resolution source".
I want you to let me know how or even if you follow something like a roadmap to develop your systems?
I came to that during this discussion over DACs.
For me the DAC is the less important, but nevertheless necessary part of the listening chain. Replacing a 100 € DAC with one of 2.000 € will not have the influence than replacing an amp or a speaker from 500 to 2.000 €.
So for me a DAC must be decent enough but not more. This chips are cheap and easy to replace. Better, yes more expensive (mostly coherent) speakers and amps will bring so much more pleasure. So instead changing a 200 € for a 500 € DAC I would spend the money for speakers and/or amps. Even the DACs in todays integrated amps are so good. If your amp or your speaker is not able to make the best of the signal a "better" DAC will not bring you to hifi heaven.

Post in thread 'What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?' https://wiim.community.forum/threads/what-products-youd-like-to-see-wiim-produce.725/post-10587
therefore necessarily finalized certified etc.
so the question is more about knowing what it is...

ps
a mini is sold at a not very expensive public price with cables etc.. with its adc-dac (same in pro).. lets you imagine the cost of this audio part to manufacture...
;-)
a decisive additional cost in the purchasing decision of your people like you?seriously ?
you with your stocks of dacs etc
;-)

Last edited:
not having the dac means lower cost, more space and money for a good clock, lower cost due to the absence of analog outputs, engineering focused on streamer performance. engineering costs.

Yes
and so it will be a decisive element (these few dollars) in deciding whether or not to buy people are ready to stick an external dac on it, its cost, its cables, its racing power supplies, etc.
??
that will necessarily degrade the engineering of the rest of the machine?

;-)
stop for me...
good day

Guys, please let this forum stay as it is. Relaxed, friendly and not educational. One of the best parts of this hobby is that so many ways can lead to personal satisfaction! No need for armchair quaterbacks. Such forums are already on the road.
Nevertheless I have to confess that sometimes my wish to crusade is stronger than my ratio...

Yes
and so it will be a decisive element (these few dollars) in deciding whether or not to buy people are ready to stick an external dac on it, its cost, its cables, its racing power supplies, etc.
??
that will necessarily degrade the engineering of the rest of the machine?

;-)
stop for me...
good day
it doesn't degrade anything, it simply doesn't allow them to reach certain degrees of quality. All in all, that's at least $20-30 per machine considering the engineering savings on the DAC. Relax, we're talking about a hobby that should give us pleasure.

can be that the wiim team can, now that it has been announced for a short time (q3) .., tell us a little about this new audio product?
(es9018?)
;-)

Last edited:
I don't think many people are going to connect their wake up light to an external dac :p

Guys, it obviously needs a DAC - but not an expensive one - how does it convert digital into analog audio for its speaker without a DAC. It needs to have a low enough noise floor to have no hiss but I doubt people will worry if there is a rolll off in sub-bass frequencies from their wake-up light?

Back