YouTube Music please !

Pretty sure YouTube music only talks Chromecast - Google does not provide a API like other services to directly connect. If you have a WiiM Pro, then you’re already set to go.

Last edited:
Yes, this is what Chromecast and AirPlay are there for - so that WiiM doesn’t need to integrate every service on the planet.

Another request for Youtube Music please. I bought the Pro and assumed Youtube music integration (because of the Chromecast feature). I realize now its related, but not the same. Its important for me because I can use the Wiim's touch buttons similar to a Sonos device - Just press play on the unit without needing to reach for my phone

I was unable to use Youtube Music Premium to cast to a multiroom setup (with 3 X Wiim Pros).
I'm able to cast to one room. Then I use the sync feature to sync to all other rooms from the wiim app, but there isn't any sound coming out in the other rooms.

But from Spotify native to the WiiM app it works and I can select the rooms where the music plays and even the volume in each room.

Here's my setup:

3 X WiiM Pro
Room 1: living room
Room 2: patio
Room 3: bedroom

3 X Amps
Amp 1: Yamaha RX-V479
Amp 2 and Amp 3: Fosi Audio TB10D

All amps are connected to the WiiM Pros using RCA cables.
They go from the Line Out of each WiiM Pro to the line in of amps 1, 2 and 3.

The source is set to AV1 on the Yamaha.
The TB10D only have a single line in connector (red and white for stereo).

What am I doing wrong? A native Youtube from WiiM would so much simpler than this ;(

Or maybe just switch to Spotify. If only there was a way to import my hundreds of playlists...

I found the solution!

The latest version of Google Home changes completely how you create speaker groups.
If you search online on how to do this, you won't get the right procedure or screenshots.
It seems like Google updates its apps faster than its documentation online.

There is no more + sign to add a speaker group.
Instead, you have to add each device (each WiiM) to a room.
Then you have options showing up to create speaker groups.

Works now, problem solved!

I found the solution!

The latest version of Google Home changes completely how you create speaker groups.
If you search online on how to do this, you won't get the right procedure or screenshots.
It seems like Google updates its apps faster than its documentation online.

There is no more + sign to add a speaker group.
Instead, you have to add each device (each WiiM) to a room.
Then you have options showing up to create speaker groups.

Works now, problem solved!
No better feeling than fixing it yourself ;)

Edit: and then I read the other thread, and see you had a bit of help!!

Sorry, I'm very ignorant on the subject.

I read that the Wiim Pro can work with Youtube Music (I have a subscription) correct?

But it says via Airlpaly2 or Chromecast exactly?

But how do I download one of these two programs and then search on them Youtube Music?

Can I put the icon in the Wiim application?

Does Youtube Music work directly from the device or is it transmitted via Bluetooth from the smartphone?

Thanks and sorry for the trivial questions but I don't have much experience.
A greeting.

Did you enable chromecast on your pro?
If so, I think you should have a cast icon in youtube music and be able to choose the pro as the target.

Last edited:
I don't use it but there is a YouTube music plugin in LMS which I am told works seemlessly.

For both.
A curiosity is the chromecast music, is it the smartphone that sends it to the Wiim via bluetooth, or does the application go inside the Wiim without Bluetooth?
Thanks again.

For both.
A curiosity is the chromecast music, is it the smartphone that sends it to the Wiim via bluetooth, or does the application go inside the Wiim without Bluetooth?
Thanks again.
Chromecast is a wireless transport protocol, similar in some ways to Bluetooth. When you use the Youtube Music app, the audio is first delivered to your phone from the cloud and then sent over ChromeCast from your phone to the WiiM device which in turn delivers the audio to whichever output you have selected.

Edit: ignore this, I clearly was experiencing high levels of jitter on my cerebral cortex 😜😂

Last edited:
Chromecast is a wireless transport protocol, similar in some ways to Bluetooth. When you use the Youtube Music app, the audio is first delivered to your phone from the cloud and then sent over ChromeCast from your phone to the WiiM device which in turn delivers the audio to whichever output you have selected.
I’m not sure that is correct. Bluetooth and AirPlay share the need for a constantly connected interim device (phone) but I thought that Chromecast differs in that the device tells the Chromecast to connect but thereafter the device (phone) is no longer involved?

I’m not sure that is correct. Bluetooth and AirPlay share the need for a constantly connected interim device (phone) but I thought that Chromecast differs in that the device tells the Chromecast to connect but thereafter the device (phone) is no longer involved?
Thanks, you may be correct - guess the “cast” in the name should have given it away. Blame a senior moment ;)

Well.

In theory I don't have to activate the bluettoth but having the wi.Fi of the phone active (also necessary to control the Wiim) the signal will probably be sent via Wifi...

I can do a test, that is, once the program has been launched, I turn off the smartphone and see what happens, if the transmission stops, the Wifi is needed which creates a sort of Hotspot with the Wiim, while if the program remains active, everything is managed by the Wiim ...

Like when once the radio channel has been selected, I turn off the smartphone and the music remains.
I'll let you know thank you.

@d6jg
Ok.
Could I lose audio quality this way?

I have youtube premium on high quality.

I don't think there are network players who already have Youtube Premium installed (such as tidal spotfi etc.) correct?

Thanks a lot, I'll do some things and tell you.

Back