What are you listening to?

One of the best albums of 2023 (according to The Guardian) is Guts by Olivia Rodrigo...

Described as Hollywood Punk - very slick video production, but has nothing to do with PUNK, and just comes over as a corporate's idea of what might sell to 'the kids'.

Seen the movie so many times, but today for the first time together with my Granddaughter. As always it was the same scene where the old fisher sits dead in his chair when I get wet eyes but this time the little Lady grabbed my hand. More and more I become a sentimental old
cow 😉.

IMG_2264.jpeg

Seen the movie so many times, but today for the first time together with my Granddaughter. As always it was the same scene where the old fisher sits dead in his chair when I get wet eyes but this time the little Lady grabbed my hand. More and more I become a sentimental old
cow 😉.

View attachment 4367
A gem of a film! I recently thought about which one I would choose if there was only one. Luckily this isn't the case, but this film is unique in the good old Irish way. Thanks, Achim

Elsewhere there is a discussion about best debut albums. This must surely be on the list?

♪ Playing Alison by Elvis Costello from My Aim Is True (1977) (Local • 664kbps VBR, 16bit, 44.1kHz, 0.21dB, FLC)IMG_6796.png

Actually, why not the entire album…

Reminds me of the language lab at school back in the sixties - individual booths with open reel tape decks and headphones, learning Higher French from a chain smoking Marist Brother…

IMG_8425.jpeg

To be fair, he didn’t smoke in class but could often be seen after school time puffing away, marching up and down the schoolyard. Those kids who stayed late for after school music tuition could however enjoy the music teacher taking the mickey by playing “Behold the Lord High Executioner” in perfect time to his steps outside…

Back