What are you listening to?

d6jg

Major Contributor
It’s a bit odd that there is nothing here actually about music that people are listening to so I’ll kick off a thread on the subject.

A set of 3 newly released CDs hit my doormat yesterday. I’ve ripped one of them to my server today and now playing.

This is a massively expanded set of tracks from Eric’s 24 Nights album from a series of concerts at Royal Albert Hall in 1990 & 1991.

♪ Playing Crossroads by Eric Clapton from 24 Nights: Orchestral (2023) (Local • 956kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6237.jpg

I added that to my Qobuz library yesterday. Always try to look at Fridays new releases.

I've tried putting a music reference into a couple of my posts, but nothing explicit.
And I pity you Qobuzites having to wait until Friday to get recommendations... ;)

Edit - I forgot the reference!
Friday on my mind, Gary Moore.

Last edited:
Highly recommended, Stockfisch productions are always highest level in soundquality. Vol.1 - 6 available on Qobuz. It happens not very often I like "mixtapes", playlists or sampler. A great teaser!
Have a brilliant start in the week you all..

IMG_1228.jpeg

Last edited:
Highly recommended, Stockfisch productions are always highest level in soundquality. Vol.1 - 6 available on Qobuz. It happens not very often I like "mixtapes", playlists or sampler. A great teaser!
Have a brilliant start in the week you all..

View attachment 1041
@Achim1811
Play List, usually, are not my cup of tea. I use Play List mostly when I run or doing a training at the gym. Anyway I took a look at this Stockfish releases and.... guys it's really Great Stuff!! Moreover with excellent sound quality!!
A big thank to @Achim1811 for reporting them ;)

Have had the opportunity to meet Günter once a few years ago in his studio. He runs the Pauler Acoustics Studios in North-West Germany and he is was one of the most impressive professional guys in this industry. With Stockfisch he founded his own label and if you have the chance to get a record or to listen to such a production the sound quality will always be at highest level. If the music fits is as always at your own likes. Sometimes even this high quality recordings tends to be a little bit to "audiophile" with the danger getting boring. For example many, not all of this inflationary modern piano trios are a little bit dull. If the music does not touch me soundstage, channel separation and so on are obsolete.

I checked. "Closer to the Music" Play Lists 1-6 are also featured on Amazon Music Unlimited. So also AMU subscribers can take delight from this pure joy. ;)

One of the greatest albums ever recorded!?

This is FLAC from my original, purchased on day of release, copy.

♪ Playing Brand New Cadillac by The Clash from London Calling (Vinyl) (1979) (Local • 895kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6243.jpg

Back