What are you listening to?

Back when all one had were vinyl, a sound engineer named Rudy vanGelder did an amazing job mastering tracks. Some of his jazz recordings are still sought after.

The stuff @WiimNoob mentioned is great all over.
Back in 1999 Blue Note started a Rudy van Gelder (RVG) Edition. A unique treasure chest for Jazz lovers and those looking for exceptional good sound quality. Every single album is nowadays available as stream from the usual suspects. The early original pressings on vinyl costs a fortune.

Good examples for RVG are Miles Davis - Volume 1 & 2. Cornerstones in Jazz history!

IMG_1229.jpeg

Great stuff, @Mr Ee .
Just listening to the first track of this album, Whistling in Tongues. Tbh, "Electronics" is not my favorite genre. But that sounds great and seems to be a also real challenge for headphones now and speakers later. Thank you!

For lovers of Classical Music
And this, for me unmissable, Album

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-06-28 070443.jpg
    Immagine 2023-06-28 070443.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 16
  • Immagine 2023-06-28 071113.jpg
    Immagine 2023-06-28 071113.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 15
Miles will give me absolution, I am sure. Under his surface he was a Rocker 😉
And from time to time I have the need for good a portion of early AC/DC. Only with Bon as f.e. Sabbath only with Ozzy. I know, I am old fashioned. This album is short before its 50th birthday. So don't blame me that it has nothing to do with the WiiM.

20230629_071324.jpeg

I have this admittedly strange belief that not liking jazz is the elixir of life and the gateway to eternal youth - if I admit to liking jazz, I must be getting old 😂😜

(takes refuge, hiding behind the couch…)

I have this admittedly strange belief that not liking jazz is the elixir of life and the gateway to eternal youth - if I admit to liking jazz, I must be getting old 😂😜

(takes refuge, hiding behind the couch…)
Heretic!

First came the light, then came Miles!
Jazz will stay my favorite because I think its the only genre still in move. But no need to forget the others..

Back